Don't squeeze your FORD F250

itsbob

I bowl overhand
.. into a Prius sized parking spot.

Got a call at noon time that started out with "This is the Patuxent River Police Dept, do you own a Silver BMW Motorcycle!?"

Yeah... bike down.

Guy in a company vehilce decides he wants to park in ANY spot he could find as close to the building he could get so he takes a BIG truck that he's not used to driving and takes out my bike, which in turn takes out the BEAUTIFUL Thruxton parked next to it.. BUT imagine this, I park far enough away from his bike so if someone stuck in the middle of the pack needs to get out they can.. he had to hit me hard enough to slide my bike across the spot into the Triumph...

My poor baby doesn't look showroom new anymore..

Luckily my head wasn't in the helmet at the time, because the helmet took a good hit.. actually crinkled the paint on the back of it.

Got a call at noon time that started out with "This is the Patuxent River Police Dept, do you own a Silver BMW Motorcycle!?"

Yeah... bike down.

Guy in a company vehilce decides he wants to park in ANY spot he could find as close to the building he could get so he takes a BIG truck that he's not used to driving and takes out my bike, which in turn takes out the BEAUTIFUL Thruxton parked next to it.. BUT imagine this, I park far enough away from his bike so if someone stuck in the middle of the pack needs to get out they can.. he had to hit me hard enough to slide my bike across the spot into the Triumph...

Luckily my head wasn't in the helmet at the time, because the helmet took a good hit.. actually crinkled the paint on the back of it.

:dislike:

Yeah... bike down.

Now you need to buy a new helmet.

Vince

Yeah... bike down.

he had to hit me hard enough to slide my bike across the spot into the Triumph...

That sucks.

FED_UP

Why do some people with big trucks park at the end of a row in a crowded parking lot making it difficult for people to see what is around the other side as your going around it?

bcp

In My Opinion
Why do some people with big trucks park at the end of a row in a crowded parking lot making it difficult for people to see what is around the other side as your going around it?

because the lots are not wide enough for someone with a big truck to actually make it into one of the china car size spaces without taking the chance of hitting a parked car, the end lots allow for the truck to pull in without this issue, then back out into the main travel area without taking the chance of tapping the car parked across from them.
Contact whoever it is that is responsible for the small parking spaces and ask them to actually make them big enough for people to park something other than a smart car.

bcp

In My Opinion
P.S
My previous post in no way condones the dumbass that knocked over Bobs bike.
Knowing when you are not going to fit is an important part of driving.
I take the end and stick out about 5 ft, or I go to the far end and take two spots out in the open.

goughrmak

I NEVER try to park my F-250 in a close spot. I try to park where there is PLENTY of room for me to make a wide swing if needed.

DEEKAYPEE8569

P.S
My previous post in no way condones the dumbass that knocked over Bobs bike.
Knowing when you are not going to fit is an important part of driving.
I take the end and stick out about 5 ft, or I go to the far end and take two spots out in the open.

Just one reason why it's nice to have a pair of sidecutters handy. Just reach down and :SNIP:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Thanks for the offers of trailering it home. Thank goodness we have our own trailer.

Ya'll are so kind. :yay: