DOJ asks for hold on George Zimmerman evidence

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"SANFORD -- The Sanford Police Department says the United States Department of Justice has asked for a hold on evidence related to the George Zimmerman case.

Justice Department officials said earlier this week there was an open investigation into the death of Trayvon Martin.

Multiple agencies are working with the civil rights division to evaluate evidence from the federal investigation and recent state trial, the office of public affairs said in a statement issued Monday.

Below is the full previous statement:

"As the Department first acknowledged last year, we have an open investigation into the death of Trayvon Martin. The Department of Justice's Criminal Section of the Civil Rights Division, the United States Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation continue to evaluate the evidence generated during the federal investigation, as well as the evidence and testimony from the state trial. Experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation of any of the limited federal criminal civil rights statutes within our jurisdiction, and whether federal prosecution is appropriate in accordance with the Department's policy governing successive federal prosecution following a state trial.”

mAlice

professional daydreamer
White people need to be organizing a protest. Why the hell aren't we pushing back?

BOP

Link to original article.

"SANFORD -- The Sanford Police Department says the United States Department of Justice has asked for a hold on evidence related to the George Zimmerman case.

Justice Department officials said earlier this week there was an open investigation into the death of Trayvon Martin.

Multiple agencies are working with the civil rights division to manufacture evidence to aid the federal investigation in order to find Zimmerman guilty of something, anything, the office of public affairs said in a statement issued Monday.

:fixedforaccuracy:

mamatutu

mama to two
:fixedforaccuracy:

Don't you think they will have to find/makeup something to get Zimmerman? The Feds/Obama do not want egg on their faces. It is scary to think the government can step in to disagree with a state case verdict. That is communism, right there. Trayvon had no idea he would become a political pawn, and cause such upheaval in our country. And, Zimmerman is confused now about his ethnicity; he thought he was Hispanic, but the government has decided he is white. This whole thing is absurd, not to mention frightening.

White people need to be organizing a protest. Why the hell aren't we pushing back?

Because we're too busy denying that we have a dog in this particular fight.

You know... it's like... Mr. Zimmerman may be white but he's in the Hispanic branch of the family and we don't claim that branch anymore. :lol:

I keed, of course.

SamSpade

The race card is too easy to use on average white guy.

And liberals don't want to, so the card is much easier to play.

I don't get why the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is getting involved in a court case that is the jurisdiction of the state - and they have already resolved the matter.

I get that they want to investigate if there was some kind of civil rights violation, but for one, by the criteria they are using, any crime can do that, which gives them the latitude to stick their noses into any crime anywhere. For another - they ALREADY looked into this, and they found nothing.

-
-
-

Here is where I don't get it, and maybe it's because there's just too much misinformation regarding the case that I hear from people chatting about it, and stating things that are not only not true, but not even close to true.

Those that are upset the most usually mention, Trayvon was an unarmed *child*, minding his own business when a wannabe cop decided that a young black kid wandering through a gated community at night had no business being there - so he followed him, assaulted him and shot him.

The trial, witnesses and forensic evidence say - not even close. Zimmerman was attacked by Trayvon, and after screaming for help while on his back getting pummeled (and according to him - and this is evidence we only have from Zimmerman himself, so unlike the rest it is not corroborated by evidence - Trayvon told him he was going to die and may have reached for his gun). Zimmerman did not assault Trayvon; quite the reverse.

Much is made of the whole "what was he doing with a gun?". He was doing what lots of men in Florida can legally do with a gun, and many do - carry one on their person. Much is made of the observation "if he'd just stayed in his car". Nothing is made of the fact that "what if Trayvon had not confronted him and picked a fight with him" - because it was Trayvon on top when it happened. It was Trayvon who had scrapes on his knuckles, grass stains on his knees and Zimmerman with the wounds who was on his back.

What happened during the four minutes of "silence"? One thing is for certain - if you were Trayvon - you could have made it home and made yourself a sandwich in that time. He didn't. He stuck around. Zimmerman didn't find him and assault him. He had LOST him. The confrontation was started by Trayvon.

As I said before, Trayvon attacked an armed man without reason. He could have gone home, but he chose to pick a fight.

PsyOps

Pixelated

The one thing I can admire about the black community is that they see themselves as bonded behind a cause/culture. Four hundred years of slavery, followed by decades of political oppression has bred a certain hatred in almost every generation. How do you undo centuries of horrible oppression, carried on generation after generation, and that oppression inflicted on them by, what they view as, a single race – white people? I mean the sentiments are now a tradition for them as well as an integral part of the culture.

White people don’t have this unity of cause.

BOP

:wakeupwhitepeople: :killingme

As titled eluded to, the mantra was that Zimmerman wasnt white, so shouldn't Hispanics be the ones getting all riled up?

We need a translator to tell them that, and the liberals who get them spun up about immigration aren't about to provide translators.

Midnightrider

. Zimmerman didn't find him and assault him. He had LOST him. The confrontation was started by Trayvon.

As I said before, Trayvon attacked an armed man without reason. He could have gone home, but he chose to pick a fight.

You are welcome to believe all that, just like "they" are welcome to believe that this verdict proves the racial bias they feared. The court case didnt prove anything other than the fact that the prosecution did not prove murder or manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt.

Justice was served, the jury spoke. That should be enough to put this to bed

SamSpade

You are welcome to believe all that, just like "they" are welcome to believe that this verdict proves the racial bias they feared. The court case didnt prove anything other than the fact that the prosecution did not prove murder or manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt.

Justice was served, the jury spoke. That should be enough to put this to bed

Most of the facts I cited though, were not even in dispute by the prosecution. I heard yet another Congressman last night declare that a child with a pocketful of skittles and tea was gunned down by a white man because he was black and was wearing a hoodie.

And there are plenty of people who believe him.

I remember once I was delivering a pizza and was confronted by a pit bull in the street. When I asked a guy nearby to call off his dog, he said "that's not my dog, sorry". I mentioned I could just kick him in the mouth, and the guy said uh-uh, that dog will tear your leg off. What did I do? I got back in the car. I did NOT start a fight. I got in my car and waited for the person ordering the pizza (also not the owner) to come out and take it from the window.

You don't end up ON TOP of a guy - a situation corroborated by evidence and witnesses - unless somehow you picked a fight. You don't tell someone on the phone, some cracka is following me, and four minutes later, you're in the grass with him in the opposite direction from home - unless you went BACK to get him.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Saw a clip of a Charles Barkely interview, this morning, discussing the verdict and the media's coverage of the case overall.. I was pleasantly surprised at how reasoned and insightful his comments were. The guy thinks for himself..and stops to think before opening his mouth.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Saw a clip of a Charles Barkely interview, this morning, discussing the verdict and the media's coverage of the case overall.. I was pleasantly surprised at how reasoned and insightful his comments were. The guy thinks for himself..and stops to think before opening his mouth.

He will be dealt with.

bcp

In My Opinion

I dont see where idiot applies here.
When white on black is so news worthy and so vile that it requires the federal government to step in, yet on the same night there were more than likely many more black on white crimes that dont even get a second mention in the news,
I see a problem.

This country is celebrating terrorists, making martyrs out of wanna be criminal thugs that were killed during one of their bad acting moments, and nothing is said about the killing of a white child by group of bored minority children.
that is the problem.

And it is time that it is no longer accepted. by either community.

Whats next? the federal government is going to supply DOJ lawyers for blacks pulled over for speeding? The government is way overstepping its authority on this one.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
A prayer

A prayer from Al and Jessee

Attachments

• al jesse.jpg
    al jesse.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 100

Midnightrider

Most of the facts I cited though, were not even in dispute by the prosecution. I heard yet another Congressman last night declare that a child with a pocketful of skittles and tea was gunned down by a white man because he was black and was wearing a hoodie.

And there are plenty of people who believe him.

I remember once I was delivering a pizza and was confronted by a pit bull in the street. When I asked a guy nearby to call off his dog, he said "that's not my dog, sorry". I mentioned I could just kick him in the mouth, and the guy said uh-uh, that dog will tear your leg off. What did I do? I got back in the car. I did NOT start a fight. I got in my car and waited for the person ordering the pizza (also not the owner) to come out and take it from the window.

You don't end up ON TOP of a guy - a situation corroborated by evidence and witnesses - unless somehow you picked a fight. You don't tell someone on the phone, some cracka is following me, and four minutes later, you're in the grass with him in the opposite direction from home - unless you went BACK to get him.

The important ones, the ones I quoted and others, were in dispute though. Again, you are welcome to believe the right wing meme that Martin was a thug who hunted and attacked Zimmerman and that Zimmerman saved some one else from eventually being murdered by Martin. "They" are welcome to believe that Zimmerman hunted down Martin and killed him in cold blood. The court proceedings proved neither true or false.
The truth is probably somewhere in between. There was a lot in dispute, all the jury decreed was "not guilty".

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just hope George rearms himself real soon, if he has not already. Let the DoJ have that 9mm..he should be carrying a .45 anyway. :buddies: