I guess Africa was a business trip...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
but didn't he take the family?

First family returns to Martha's Vineyard for summer vacation, while furloughs kick in | Fox News

“It’s nice to have the president of the United States,” Robert Breth, owner of Martha’s Bike Rental, told FoxNews.com on Sunday. “It puts the word out about Martha’s Vineyard.”

Like no one knows about Martha's Vineyard, seriously?

It's getting old this freaking man taking vacations while people are furloughed and having to re-budget everything.

Last edited:

Vince

Nah, Africa wasn't a vacation. He went there to give away 8 billion of our tax dollars, that we don't have, for their energy program. Oh, I forgot, he's going to make that money up on the furlough of government workers. :doh: What a POS for a president. :banghead:

Last edited:

tommyjo

Nah, Africa wasn't a vacation. He went there to give away 8 billion of our tax dollars that we don't have for their energy program. Oh, I forgot, he's going to make that money up on the furlough of government workers. :doh: What a POS for a president. :banghead:

Right because as we all know from high school govt class...the President and ONLY the President has control of the federal budget.

Is that what they taught you in school? If so, you should ask for a refund.

SamSpade

Right because as we all know from high school govt class...the President and ONLY the President has control of the federal budget.

You mean, the way the President and only the President can take us to war?
Or pass Obamacare?

Or the New Deal? Or the Great Society? Or civil rights?

Or any of a host of accomplishments that are attributed to Presidents, when largely it was due to the work of many others, but they get credit or blame for it, because it happened on their watch?

Which is the easiest to say?

Vince

Obama pledges $7 billion to upgrade power in Africa - CNN.com
U.S. President Barack Obama pledged $7 billion Sunday to help combat frequent power blackouts in sub-Saharan Africa.
And since Congress hasn't come up with a budget in I don't know how many years, he shouldn't be pledging anything. And my mistake, it's only 7 billion that he pledged.

BOP

You clearly haven't been keeping up with current events.