Thread: Education or manipulation?

Education or manipulation?

Teachers Vows To Teach Students About Trayvon Martin Case By Invoking Racism, Vigilantism, “Florida Allows People To Hunt And Kill Black Youth”… | Weasel Zippers

I realize this is the exception and not the feelings of all educators. Given that, those who would teach along these lines need to be removed from the classroom. When did teaching your beliefs and predjudices replace an approved curriculum? Maybe our students would rank higher globally if they were taught skills instead of personal beliefs.
    I demand rights for left-handed people!

Quote Originally Posted by limblips View Post
    When did teaching your beliefs and predjudices replace an approved curriculum?
    When parents stopped caring what our schools/teachers are doing.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Well, that, and it has to be the "correct" curriculum.
    "Conservatism is the new counter culture." - Lola Lee - youtuber

I think there are many parents that care. I volunteered in school for years, and knew what my children were doing for homework. Even if the caring parents care, how exactly are they supposed to change curriculum (which many of us have questioned for years), and how do we have a teacher ousted because of teaching personal beliefs. I am sure it can be done, but I am sure it wouldn't be easy.

czygvtwkr
    Teachers Vows? Maybe they should teach English.

I think most parents care, but many parents also work more now. Yhere are many variables

As far as the OP, it sounds like propaganda to me

Maybe they should teach the kids how our judicial system works and how they can be found innocent by a jury. Funny how that works. We don't have the most perfect system, but it works. I'd like to see how some of you would deal with the justice system in some of these foreign countries. "I want a lawyer!" "Lawyer?" "You don't get no stinking lawyer." (best mexican accent) "We just throw you in prison and let you rot."
    Last edited by Vince; 07-24-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    Having too much ammunition in the house is like having too much fuel in your aircraft; the only time you have too much is when you're on fire.

The Second Amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by mamatutu View Post
    I think there are many parents that care. I volunteered in school for years, and knew what my children were doing for homework. Even if the caring parents care, how exactly are they supposed to change curriculum (which many of us have questioned for years), and how do we have a teacher ousted because of teaching personal beliefs. I am sure it can be done, but I am sure it wouldn't be easy.

You and other like minded parents get together, go before the school board and voice your concern / complaint. You write letters to the editor of news papers and bring the information out into the public, you do what you gotta do.
    You don't sit on your hands (not implying that you are/were/do).

this got me......

. I would ask them if they understand why Zimmerman was found not guilty (lack of evidence that it wasn't self defense).

Maybe it's me but isnt a double negative a positive? A lack of evidence that it wasnt self defense means there was evidence that it was self defense, right? And that seems to be the main theme, the take that Treyvon was shot down in cold blood. not while attacking GZ.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by czygvtwkr View Post
    Teachers Vows? Maybe they should teach English.
    Racist
    Fear the Government that Fears your gun.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.