Education or manipulation?

limblips

PREMO Member
Teachers Vows To Teach Students About Trayvon Martin Case By Invoking Racism, Vigilantism, “Florida Allows People To Hunt And Kill Black Youth”… | Weasel Zippers

I realize this is the exception and not the feelings of all educators. Given that, those who would teach along these lines need to be removed from the classroom. When did teaching your beliefs and predjudices replace an approved curriculum? Maybe our students would rank higher globally if they were taught skills instead of personal beliefs.

mamatutu

mama to two
When parents stopped caring what our schools/teachers are doing.

I think there are many parents that care. I volunteered in school for years, and knew what my children were doing for homework. Even if the caring parents care, how exactly are they supposed to change curriculum (which many of us have questioned for years), and how do we have a teacher ousted because of teaching personal beliefs. I am sure it can be done, but I am sure it wouldn't be easy.

Vince

Maybe they should teach the kids how our judicial system works and how they can be found innocent by a jury. Funny how that works. We don't have the most perfect system, but it works. I'd like to see how some of you would deal with the justice system in some of these foreign countries. :lol: "I want a lawyer!" "Lawyer?" "You don't get no stinking lawyer." (best mexican accent) "We just throw you in prison and let you rot."

Last edited:

bulldog

I think there are many parents that care. I volunteered in school for years, and knew what my children were doing for homework. Even if the caring parents care, how exactly are they supposed to change curriculum (which many of us have questioned for years), and how do we have a teacher ousted because of teaching personal beliefs. I am sure it can be done, but I am sure it wouldn't be easy.

You and other like minded parents get together, go before the school board and voice your concern / complaint. You write letters to the editor of news papers and bring the information out into the public, you do what you gotta do.
You don't sit on your hands (not implying that you are/were/do).

glhs837

Power with Control
this got me......

. I would ask them if they understand why Zimmerman was found not guilty (lack of evidence that it wasn't self defense).

Maybe it's me but isnt a double negative a positive? A lack of evidence that it wasnt self defense means there was evidence that it was self defense, right? And that seems to be the main theme, the take that Treyvon was shot down in cold blood. not while attacking GZ.