Area cleared on 488?

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
Anyone know what's going on with that massive area they have cleared out on 488? Are they just logging, or is a development going in there? Anyone know?

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Anyone know what's going on with that massive area they have cleared out on 488? Are they just logging, or is a development going in there? Anyone know?

From what I have been told that is the end of the neighborhood that has been developed at the Blue Crabs Stadium. Watch for homes to be built there in the not too distant future.

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
From what I have been told that is the end of the neighborhood that has been developed at the Blue Crabs Stadium. Watch for homes to be built there in the not too distant future.

Wow, that's gonna make for a large neighborhood. It's also going to increase traffic on 488 unfortunately.

Although, now that I think about it...aren't most of the new houses on the other side of piney church? I don't remember seeing any on the east side, which is where they'd need to be to connect with 488. Obviously we'll find out soon enough, but I'm surprised they are expanding so quickly.

Last edited:

asaberan

Family used to hunt there. The dad died and daughter was still renting it out, family finds out that she is still renting it out and pocketing the money and there goes our hunting property. They were in breach of contract as far as I'm concerned, but it wasn't enough money to make it worth pursuing. Sucks because it was a great place that they hunted for at least 2 decades that I know of.

One day my brother in law was driving by to find that they had knocked our locked gate over (drove a bulldozer right over it) and then put a new gate and locked us out. This was in April and we had the lease until August 31st...

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
It will be part of Fairway Village, some 4,000+ more homes going in and a new high school currently being built next to Regency Stadium. Basically all the woods from Billingsley to 488 and 5 to St. Charles Pkwy extension will be new "villages".

All Chuck County wants to do is build, build and build but not build the roads or infrastructure to support it. I've seen no push for the Waldorf bypass in the last few years either. On second thought I don't want the bypass. That would make it easier for "them" to move down here! :cds:

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
It will be part of Fairway Village, some 4,000+ more homes going in and a new high school currently being built next to Regency Stadium. Basically all the woods from Billingsley to 488 and 5 to St. Charles Pkwy extension will be new "villages".

All Chuck County wants to do is build, build and build but not build the roads or infrastructure to support it. I've seen no push for the Waldorf bypass in the last few years either. On second thought I don't want the bypass. That would make it easier for "them" to move down here! :cds:

This all just reaffirms my standing that I need to move as I depend on jobs from Andrews AFB and farther north (DC). What was the relaxing last 20 minutes of the ride home are no longer relaxing as people still continue their beltway habits on 5 south of Waldorf. Oh and in case you haven't noticed "them" are already moving on down.

sockgirl77

I'm not sure how true this is, but I could swear that I heard something about a school going up there. I was at an Autocross race there 2 years ago and thought that I heard Ken Robinson talking about it.

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
I'm not sure how true this is, but I could swear that I heard something about a school going up there. I was at an Autocross race there 2 years ago and thought that I heard Ken Robinson talking about it.

The School is almost up, I was at an autox there about two weeks ago. From what I understand, it's already full too, and it's not even open yet.

What I don't understand is who is moving into all of these houses? Are we really getting that much migration from people up near town? And how the hell are all these people supposed to get to work? Traffic getting out of SoMD is bad enough already..forget the waldorf bypass, what they need to do is bypass all the lights on 210.

sockgirl77

The School is almost up, I was at an autox there about two weeks ago. From what I understand, it's already full too, and it's not even open yet.

What I don't understand is who is moving into all of these houses? Are we really getting that much migration from people up near town? And how the hell are all these people supposed to get to work? Traffic getting out of SoMD is bad enough already..forget the waldorf bypass, what they need to do is bypass all the lights on 210.

That would be PG Countians migrating south. :poorbaby:

acommondisaster

Lots of empty foreclosure homes in Waldorf, too. Everyone wants a shiny new box. It surprises me how much development is still going on. My only guess is that they're trying to build before the growth control in Charles County gets settled.