Doggie wants a Kitten

mamatutu

mama to two
That video is absolutely adorable. I didn't forget you, Arkie, I will send another donation soon. Thanks for posting this. I would miss so much if it were not for this forum. :smile:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
That video is absolutely adorable. I didn't forget you, Arkie, I will send another donation soon. Thanks for posting this. I would miss so much if it were not for this forum. :smile:

I agree, amid the chaos, and the bickering, are a lot of really great people. Thanks for being so supportive. Let me tell you why I so much like that video. I took 5 of the kittens (those that had been vetted so far) to a home in Lexington Park Saturday before last. The lady had never had a cat before, but her hubby had. They have a dog currently that is quite the active one. I was concerned about them wanting a kitten for their dog as a buddy because they admitted their dog does kill bunnies in the yard, ok so most dogs would right? No biggie. I just wanted to be sure that the dog didn't see the kitten as another thing to GRAB, like a bunny.

She tries out all 5 kittens by holding them and then she lets the dog in the room and OMG - never ever hold a kitten if they might get scared (I was holding one) .... that kitten saw that dog coming and freaked out, ouch! We had 4 girls and 1 boy kitten there. Her plan was to get a girl because she heard that boy kitties spray. So I explained about the neutering and most boys do NOT spray if they are neutered young. She ended up picking the BOY based on his personality! Now that's the way you pick a pet, by personality, not by looks (that is especially true for horses, ask the people with the beautiful looking crazy/unruly horses lol).

AND we are on cloud 9 after finding what appears to be the perfect home for those 2 boy kitty buddies. We had them so long that they were due for the shots again, but the new home is going to take care of that so we can focus on getting the last 2 kittens fixed.

We still need to get 6 kittens adopted out (I am well versed on their personalities by now), and 1 more adult. We have kittens from rough players to those that sit back and watch mostly. So we can provide almost any type of kitten a person could want. Want an in-your-face kitty that always wants to play? We've got that. Want a lap kitty? We've got that. Want a kitty you can hold and flip upside down that doesn't mind? We've got that. Want a kitty that's a tad timid but purrs like crazy? We've got that!