Keeping sharp during the Furlough

SG_Player1974

Anyone else caught sight of the US Navy BLIMP flying around today.... on Furlough Friday?

I guess there is an exemption for them just in case there is a Dirigible attack from a 5th world nation!!!

F'n HYPOCRITES!!! :strangle:

Apparently piloted, planned, and supported SOLELY by military right?

Since they are not effected by the Furloughs. :coffee:

If not, I would LOVE to see the explanation for THIS exemption!

There are still people working on Fridays. Everyone does not get furloughed on the same Friday and some even get it on Monday.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I thought you could use vacation leave to make up the difference?

I can, but I didn't the first go-around. My paycheck was $300 short, so $600 a month is a BIG hit. I am now using 4 hours vacation on my Fridays to off-set that. I currently have 51 hours available, so it should sustain me for a while.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Contractors haven't been furloughed..

At Pax, yes they have.

Amd. Dunaway had most of the contracts mod'ed and had many contractors furloughed also. The only good thing is that the contractors could take vacation if they have it and still get their full pay, if they don't have the vacation, they have to take leave without pay.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
At Pax, yes they have.

Amd. Dunaway had most of the contracts mod'ed and had many contractors furloughed also. The only good thing is that the contractors could take vacation if they have it and still get their full pay, if they don't have the vacation, they have to take leave without pay.

NONE of our contractors have been furloughed, not a single one...