Hannah Anderson and Alexis Murphy

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hadn't heard of either one of them.

[I am not following the link, making a guess here]

if they are of African Decent, that is dip####s point ..... nobody cares about missing black children

Bay_Kat

Tropical
With Hannah, the guy that kidnapped her had killed her mother and brother and set his house on fire with them in it. With Alexis, she went missing in her car, they don't know for a fact that she was abducted, her case didn't meet the criteria for an Amber Alert. Why make this a racial thing?

BOP

With Hannah, the guy that kidnapped her had killed her mother and brother and set his house on fire with them in it. With Alexis, she went missing in her car, they don't know for a fact that she was abducted, her case didn't meet the criteria for an Amber Alert. Why make this a racial thing?

Anything to make conservatives look bad.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Anything to make conservatives look bad.

Incorrect. My point was that both stories are local/regional news stories that don't merit national coverage and certainly don't merit wall-to-wall, up to the minute "Breaking News" coverage from CNN. But one case got exactly that while another is only getting coverage in the region it should get coverage.

Because the news media can't package and sell the missing black teenager. The pretty white girl, complete with revealing selfies taken on Facebook and Instagram, that can be plastered on the TV in an endless loop cycle brings in more viewers.

DipStick

Do you think it might have to do with the fact that VA State Police didn't issue an Amber Alert for Alexis, thus it isn't a national story only a local one?

VSP Explain Why No Amber Alert will be Issued in Murphy Search - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

What about Daphne Webb?

Amber Alert Case

I can play this game all day and all night. :smile: It's indisputable that the missing children stories that usually get national coverage are white teenage girls. It helps if they're attractive. It was common knowledge before the Trayvon Martin case made news and it holds true even after that ... regardless of what elements of the media try to claim.

I just didn't think CNN would prove my point this fast.

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
What about Daphne Webb?

Amber Alert Case

I can play this game all day and all night. :smile: It's indisputable that the missing children stories that usually get national coverage are white teenage girls. It helps if they're attractive. It was common knowledge before the Trayvon Martin case made news and it holds true even after that ... regardless of what elements of the media try to claim.

I just didn't think CNN would prove my point this fast.
What about her? Did her case involve murder, arson, and a potential kidnapping? Does every missing kid deserve the attention given to Hannah, probably. But even you should admit that Hannah's situation was more newsworthy on the whole because of the associated murders and arson.

You need to get beyond your bias and obvious agenda as a race baiter (of which you are becoming a master).

DipStick

What about her? Did her case involve murder, arson, and a potential kidnapping? Does every missing kid deserve the attention given to Hannah, probably. But even you should admit that Hannah's situation was more newsworthy on the whole because of the associated murders and arson.

You need to get beyond your bias and obvious agenda as a race baiter (of which you are becoming a master).

Does the Hannah Anderson case deserve national coverage? No. But because it involves a missing white girl and was packaged perfectly for a real life version of Law & Order SVU on CNN, we can't deny it's urgent national importance.

Did you hear Obama launched a drone on a school in Yemen last week?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Does the Hannah Anderson case deserve national coverage? No. But because it involves a missing white girl and was packaged perfectly for a real life version of Law & Order SVU on CNN, we can't deny it's urgent national importance.

Then tell me what type of story deserves national coverage? You profess to be an aspiring journalist :killingme and yet you can't admit that the Hannah Anderson had the components of a "spectacular" story that all news agencies seek.

Obama and drones are regular news, he fires them off as often as he vacations, what's your point?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Does the Hannah Anderson case deserve national coverage?

Umm..isn't that exactly the point behind the entire Amber Alert program???...to raise national; (or at least regional multi-state) awareness when a child goes reported missing?

Answer: Yes..yes it is.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

That is just part of Barry's focus on transparency.

He has been single-handedly responsible for making more rabid ragheads "instantly transparent" than any other Nobel Peace Prize winner in modern history. "Pink Mist" is about as transparent as ya can get.

:buddies:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That is just part of Barry's focus on transparency.

He has been single-handedly responsible for making more rabid ragheads "instantly transparent" than any other Nobel Peace Prize winner in modern history. "Pink Mist" is about as transparent as ya can get.

:buddies:

I KNEW that nhboy would like this one.:killingme

BigBlue

QUOTE]
People also need to get over the thought that they have the right to know everything. Maybe authorities knew something else about the case and realize that maybe "too" much attention might scare the person away or to doing something else. The Police ,FBI ...whomever don't need to tell some DA in St Mary's county what it is he is or isn't doing in an abduction situation in VA .