What to ask for 50-55 gal tank and saltwater setup

Eventer29

I have friends/family interested in our tank and saltwater setup. The tank and stand are 47" tall total, the tank itself is 36"long 18"h and 18"wide. I know nothing about fish tanks and esp salt water. This was my dad's and he recently passed away and I just have no use for the whole set. it has a light, a glass top, some kind of filter/pump, a cleaner hose thing, pretty much everything but the water, fish and gravel/rock. We drained it about a month ago and it needs cleaned up. the stand is a simple stained wood frame.
I just dont know how much to ask for it. Or if someone wants just the tank and stand, or just the salt water supplies.
The tank is free of chips cracks or leaks.

Blister

If they are family/friends and you paid nothing for it, and do not want it, did it ever occur to you to just give it to them?

RPMDAD

Eventer, can't remember the name of the place but it is a pet store PETCO maybe, next to Nicks in PF, they sell those kind of setups, you could always go up there and get a good estimate on the price of an aquarium that size and options new and price accordingly. Also, i am sorry to hear and condolences about your Dad's passing.

Eventer29

If they are family/friends and you paid nothing for it, and do not want it, did it ever occur to you to just give it to them?

It did occur to me...but who doesnt need money! It cost my father (and mother) a lot to buy and set up. Mother wishes to sell it, I am more or less a middle person.

I simply asked what it was worth so that I can put a price on it. If you cant be of any help please dont reply.

I have friends/family interested in our tank and saltwater setup. The tank and stand are 47" tall total, the tank itself is 36"long 18"h and 18"wide. I know nothing about fish tanks and esp salt water. This was my dad's and he recently passed away and I just have no use for the whole set. it has a light, a glass top, some kind of filter/pump, a cleaner hose thing, pretty much everything but the water, fish and gravel/rock. We drained it about a month ago and it needs cleaned up. the stand is a simple stained wood frame.
I just dont know how much to ask for it. Or if someone wants just the tank and stand, or just the salt water supplies.
The tank is free of chips cracks or leaks.

Tanks are tanks. They can be anything you set them up for. If he has a distilled water setup also, that would be good. I'd love to get into that again, but after the last power outage everything died. Crud took over. I gave up took a lot of $ to make it all cool. Not going there again.