Aspergers Makes You Do Strange Things

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
First I guess you need to know what Asperger's Syndrome is. Basically, a person is highly intelligent but finds normal interactions impossible, including knowing and accepting what's right and what's wrong.
Asperger syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really wish he hadn't been arrested so much and received some treatment/training instead. But I understand it's hard to make exceptions for people with special needs or even for most to understand that these people are different.

NY man arrested 29 times for nabbing trains, buses
Excerpt:
Darius McCollum can explain the complicated workings of the New York City transit system with the precision of a veteran conductor. He knows every subway stop, every line, every train.

It's an obsession that has dominated his life. But instead of becoming a transit worker, he's become a transit impostor. Twenty-nine times, beginning when he was a teenager, he's been arrested for crimes that include piloting a subway train, stealing a bus and donning uniforms to pose as a conductor and even track worker.

"I've always loved trains, ever since I can remember. I had the whole subway map memorized by the time I was 8. People would call me to ask how to get somewhere," said the 49-year-old McCollum, who has spent nearly a third of his life behind bars

Last edited:

ZARA

Poor guy. Maybe they should hire him because of his expertise.

Last edited: