Calif Gov. Brown signs transgender-student bill

Bay_Kat

Tropical
California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a controversial bill into law Monday afternoon allowing the state’s transgender public school students to choose which bathrooms they use and whether they participate in boy or girl sports.

The law would cover the state’s 6.2 million elementary and high school kids in public schools.

Supporters say the law will help cut down on bullying against transgender students, The families of transgender students have been waging local battles with school districts around the country over what restrooms and locker rooms their children can use.

"Now, every transgender student in California will be able to get up in the morning knowing that when they go to school as their authentic self they will have the same fair chance at success as their classmates,” Masen Davis, Executive Director of Transgender Law Center said.

Read more: California Gov. Brown signs transgender-student bill | Fox News

I guess time will tell if this cuts down on bullying. I'm wondering if any other states will do this.

ZARA

California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a controversial bill into law Monday afternoon allowing the state’s transgender public school students to choose which bathrooms they use and whether they participate in boy or girl sports.

The law would cover the state’s 6.2 million elementary and high school kids in public schools.

Supporters say the law will help cut down on bullying against transgender students, The families of transgender students have been waging local battles with school districts around the country over what restrooms and locker rooms their children can use.

"Now, every transgender student in California will be able to get up in the morning knowing that when they go to school as their authentic self they will have the same fair chance at success as their classmates,” Masen Davis, Executive Director of Transgender Law Center said.

Read more: California Gov. Brown signs transgender-student bill | Fox News

I guess time will tell if this cuts down on bullying. I'm wondering if any other states will do this.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of boy/girl sports?

This could have wild n crazy ramifications...

What if the child really isn't transgender? Just a fad or pretending?

Would this pave the way for unbiased sports? Uni-sex football teams?

Olympics that are no longer separated by male/female?

Would this set the stage for women and men to compete against each other equally in everything?

Hmmm....

On a personal side note...

I would be one seriously pissed the F off parent if my daughter was subjected to seeing a male in the girl's locker room during gym. Same goes for my son.

Could you imagine the sexual abuse they are opening themselves up for if a transgender female were to choose to use the boys locker room?!?

This is ignorant, stupid, and DANGEROUS. Dumbchit did not put forth much thought into the very serious and very real consequences.

Pete

Repete
A reasonable person would see that this law now exposes the state and county school districts to tons of law suits due to the state not providing due dilligence protecting kids from harassment and sexual abuse. "Your honor my daughter Sally was playing on the girls soccer team and the 4 male defendants claimed transgender status to play and broke her leg. The state should have known and protected my baby girl." More drain on the California Treasury.

PsyOps

Pixelated
A reasonable person would see that this law now exposes the state and county school districts to tons of law suits due to the state not providing due dilligence protecting kids from harassment and sexual abuse. "Your honor my daughter Sally was playing on the girls soccer team and the 4 male defendants claimed transgender status to play and broke her leg. The state should have known and protected my baby girl." More drain on the California Treasury.

"Your honor, Sally was trying to use the restroom when 4 'transgender' BOYS walked in..."

:youtakeitfromthere:

Pete

Repete
You excluded Jerry Brown in the first three words of your post.

And yet he was elected. Jerry Brown, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Harry Reid, Rick Santorum, Martin O'Malley all prove my point that America has gotten too stupid to govern itself. 7 out of 10

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I know we're talking about CA here, but surely there are some parents who will be pulling their kids out of public school.

bcp

In My Opinion
I see this as causing more violence against the freaks.
what is going to happen when one of the girls comes out of the bathroom and tells her boyfriend that some guy just whipped it out in front of her?
I think an ass whoopin is going to be in order here.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I see this as causing more violence against the freaks.
what is going to happen when one of the girls comes out of the bathroom and tells her boyfriend that some guy just whipped it out in front of her?
I think an ass whoopin is going to be in order here.

I dunno'. I think out in CA, being a freak is the norm, and that's how parents raise their children to think (for the most part). Like I said, some parents will take issue and pull their kids, but I think a lot of them will just think "look how progressive we are".

Vince

It doesn't matter. They don't have anything left in the Treasury anyway.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Could you imagine the sexual abuse they are opening themselves up for if a transgender female were to choose to use the boys locker room?!?

well then parents fail for not raising the kiddo's to be politically correct state approved manner

:whistle:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Here's a question: At what age is a youth so assured of gender issues that choosing gender facilities can be done without making a mistake? High school psychology in the 1970s taught that there is a phase in developing children when they seem to have gay tendencies. That was supposed to be a transient period which was not an indicator of one's lifetime psychological "gender." When kids already have difficulty establishing basic priorities (a comparatively simple thought process), how or when can we expect that they can reliably make choices of gender?

(this discussion excludes the kids who "get off" looking at/touching the opposite sex)

BOP

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of boy/girl sports?

This could have wild n crazy ramifications...

What if the child really isn't transgender? Just a fad or pretending?

Would this pave the way for unbiased sports? Uni-sex football teams?

Olympics that are no longer separated by male/female?

Would this set the stage for women and men to compete against each other equally in everything?

Hmmm....

On a personal side note...

I would be one seriously pissed the F off parent if my daughter was subjected to seeing a male in the girl's locker room during gym. Same goes for my son.

This is ignorant, stupid, and DANGEROUS. Dumbchit did not put forth much thought into the very serious and very real consequences.

Losers aren't allowed to lose anymore; everyone's a winner, so it's all good.

Participation is the important thing.

:rolleyes: