400 US surface-to-air missiles were stolen

Misfit

Lawful neutral
'400 surface-to-air missiles' were 'STOLEN' from Libya during the Benghazi attack, says whistle-blowers' attorney | Mail Online

Four hundred American surface-to-air missiles were 'taken from Libya' during the terror attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, a former U.S. Attorney who represents whistleblowers claimed on Monday.

'We have learned that one of the reasons the administration is so deeply concerned' is that 'there were 400 surface-to-air missiles stolen, and that they are ... in the hands of many people, and that the biggest fear in the U.S. intelligence community is that one of these missiles will be used to shoot down an airliner. 400 missiles, surface-to-air missiles, taken from Libya.'

RPMDAD

Let me see if i understand this correctly, there were no US security forces guarding the embassy, embassy asked for some didn't get any help. Security provided by local forces/police 400 SAMS were being stashed at the embassy. Is there something wrong with this picture?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
'400 surface-to-air missiles' were 'STOLEN' from Libya during the Benghazi attack, says whistle-blowers' attorney | Mail Online

Four hundred American surface-to-air missiles were 'taken from Libya' during the terror attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, a former U.S. Attorney who represents whistleblowers claimed on Monday.

'We have learned that one of the reasons the administration is so deeply concerned' is that 'there were 400 surface-to-air missiles stolen, and that they are ... in the hands of many people, and that the biggest fear in the U.S. intelligence community is that one of these missiles will be used to shoot down an airliner. 400 missiles, surface-to-air missiles, taken from Libya.'

Some of the reports I read is there were 400 missiles stolen but they were Soviet Missiles that we were providing Syrian Rebels..

The SA 24 Grinch to be exact..

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Some of the reports I read is there were 400 missiles stolen but they were Soviet Missiles that we were providing Syrian Rebels..

The SA 24 Grinch to be exact..

If so, then the threat is probably greater:

In the 1990s the KBM continued improving the Igla MANPADS. As a result, a new Igla-S system entered service with the Russian Army in 2004. The most recent system is substantially more efficient than the Igla and the US Stinger MANPADS. The Igla-S is armed with the increased-weight warhead and a contact-proximity fuse. Its control algorithm ensures selection of the most optimal moment for the warhead's explosion as far as its effectiveness is concerned, both in the contact and non-contact modes.

9K338 9M342 Igla-S / SA-24 Grinch

Think AF1 and the Royal Highness are a bit concerned now for a "phony" situation? Especially that this "leak" has surfaced?

We live in a very dangerous world, much more dangerous then the world that preceded the selected messiah.

Last edited: