Arrest Made in the Murder of Moneta Jo Strickland

BernieP

Resident PIA
WOW, that was quick!

Not what I had thought, but congrats for a job well done for everyone involved.

Yep, and thank goodness it was quick - I tend to watch A&E's "The First 48" which makes the point that if crimes don't develope an arrest, or at least a sound lead in the first 48 hours they tend to go unsolved.
Sounds like they have the PHYSICAL evidence to link him to the crime, let's hope the SA can make it stick. Nice job by SMCSO

tom88

Good job to the Deputies and Troopers which make up BCI! I am often proud of the day to day work our law enforcement officers do, but in cases like these which are clearly difficult, they seem to work vigorously to bring in good results. :buddies:

General Lee

Curious of his past criminal history and how many times his sentences have been suspended and such allowing him to be out on street to commit this

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, and thank goodness it was quick - I tend to watch A&E's "The First 48" which makes the point that if crimes don't develope an arrest, or at least a sound lead in the first 48 hours they tend to go unsolved.
Sounds like they have the PHYSICAL evidence to link him to the crime, let's hope the SA can make it stick. Nice job by SMCSO

There was a line in the report

Detectives executed a Search and Seizure Warrant at the residence of John Morris Quade, Jr. age 31, of Lexington Park and recovered evidentiary items linking Quade, Jr. to the homicide

Dakota

~~~~~~~
DoWhat,

power and control :ohwell: I will cheer once convicted and sentenced... to never see the light of day again... what a POS he is to take such a valuable member of society who did everything right until she crossed paths with pure evil. :ohwell:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
DoWhat,

power and control :ohwell: I will cheer once convicted and sentenced... to never see the light of day again... what a POS he is to take such a valuable member of society who did everything right until she crossed paths with pure evil. :ohwell:

Power and control?
Of what? I don't get it.

And I to would like to see him DIAF if he is found guilty.
And it does sound like he is guilty.

Last edited:

Danzig

Good job to the Deputies and Troopers which make up BCI! I am often proud of the day to day work our law enforcement officers do, but in cases like these which are clearly difficult, they seem to work vigorously to bring in good results. :buddies:

Great job by the Sheriff, the MSP waned to handle the case and send in a homicide team from up the road. Sheriff said thanks but no thanks, the County then took over the investigation (with BCI).

RPMDAD

I am very glad they made a quick arrest in this case. I am still very sad for the victim and the victims family.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
I remember that guy....he was the cook at happy happy. He was creepy then and I knew he was a registered sex offender even when he worked there

Toxick

Splat
Jeez...

What did this ####### do?

...I mean besides the obvious.

People get murdered all the time and I don't see this much hostility. Is there something I'm missing, or is he just a run of the mill POS murderer who is the target of such (presumably deserved) rage? It's not just here. A lot of my FB friends stopped sharpening their pitchforks to cheer his capture as well.