So Much for the "New" Stephanopoulos

B

Bruzilla

After hearing about how George Stephanopoulos had changed his spots and was going to be a truly impartial, middle-of-the road, host of ABC New's "This Week" I thought I would check out his premiere to see if the claims were true. I was especially interested when I heard that George's guest was going to be Sen. Tom Daschel since there were so many questions regarding his 1998 position that Iraq posed a serious threat and that then President Clinton should use any means necessary to remove him.

I noticed that the Dems sent out their cannon fodder Senators to get grilled on the other shows, and that Hillary even went on "Meet The Press", but I couldn't help but notice that Sen. Daschle only appeared on "This Week."

I was hoping that George would ask just one simple questions: "If you felt there was enough evidence to take action in 1998, why are you now saying that you need to see the evidence in 2004?" Instead, George seriously soft-balled his questions, and asked "So you're saying that if Bush/the Republicans craft a proposal that's similar to your 1998 call for action then you would support it?" And of course Tom said "Why yes, of course I would." :burning: There were no questions about Sen. Daschle's foot dragging for "evidence", no questions about why he was so hard over to attack Iraq for Clinton but not for Bush. Nothing.

Either George hasn't changed his spots or Daschle told him that he needs guests like him to show up if he's going to succeed, and if he didn't ask the right questions he would find it damn hard to get Democrats as guests. Either way, I'll stick to Meet The Press.

J

justhangn

Thanks Bru,

I'll stick to the farm if I want to hear and smell BULL$H..

UFB:barf: