Carmax in Brandywine MD

BernieP

Resident PIA

While I know he was joking there is some truth.
I've been told that the Carmax to use was the one out by Dulles, that they had the best selection - biggest. I know they can "get" any car, but from an in person shopping experience that's the advice I was given.

Homer J

Power Chord
Wirelessly posted

Bought my last two cars at Carmax. One in Fredricksburg and one in White Marsh. It'll be nice to have one closer.

Password

I wonder if this location will carry any particular brands of NEW cars! Agreed that it'll be nice to have a location nearby. They also pay their employees well. I knew a mechanic that made six figures at the Laurel location some time ago.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
I wonder if this location will carry any particular brands of NEW cars! Agreed that it'll be nice to have a location nearby. They also pay their employees well. I knew a mechanic that made six figures at the Laurel location some time ago.

They sell used cars, not new.:coffee:

Homer J

Power Chord
The do sell new cars but only at certain stores. I bought a new, zero milage, 2012 Nissan Pathfinder from the Carmax in White Marsh last November.

Atlanta sells new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram Trucks.
Chicago/Milwaukee sells new Toyota and Scion as does Washington DC.
White Marsh sells new Nissan.

According to the oracle that is Wikipedia:
While used cars has always been the main business, CarMax purchased the rights to locations from car manufacturers such as Chrysler, Jeep, Mitsubishi, and Toyota. CarMax also purchased an Auto Mall in Kenosha, Wisconsin that had additional manufacturer franchises, such as Ford, BMW, and Volvo.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
The do sell new cars but only at certain stores. I bought a new, zero milage, 2012 Nissan Pathfinder from the Carmax in White Marsh last November.

Atlanta sells new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram Trucks.
Chicago/Milwaukee sells new Toyota and Scion as does Washington DC.
White Marsh sells new Nissan.

According to the oracle that is Wikipedia:

:yay: Learn something new every day.

Now I just forgot two other things, thanks homer. :mad:

OldHillcrestGuy

Laurel CarMax sells new Toyota's. When I bought my Highlander a few years back I printed off the invoice for a Highlander from CarMax and took it to Waldorf Toyota I told them your not going to make me drive to Laurel are you and they matched what CarMax was asking.

Password

Laurel CarMax sells new Toyota's. When I bought my Highlander a few years back I printed off the invoice for a Highlander from CarMax and took it to Waldorf Toyota I told them your not going to make me drive to Laurel are you and they matched what CarMax was asking.

You hit the nail on the head. I recommend this to anyone ever trying to buy a new Nissan or Toyota.

CarMax used car prices are generally on the higher end of the scale, but their new car prices are usually pretty competitive. Since they are posted on the website, it makes it easier for the consumer to run those prices to the nearest dealership asking to be beat.

If they are planning to sell new cars at this location, I'm sure the Waldorf equivalent dealer will not be happy about this new CarMax in their neighborhood.

Homer J

Power Chord
:yay: Learn something new every day.

Now I just forgot two other things, thanks homer. :mad:

What can I say?

original.jpg

RPMDAD

Not saying anything bad about carmax but i wouldn't trade in there, wife and i went to the one in Laurel looking at a used car, and their offer for our trade in killed the deal outright, ended up walking out. They explained just like their no haggle price on buying a car, they had a no haggle price for the trade in and wouldn't negotiate at all.

KDENISE977

Not saying anything bad about carmax but i wouldn't trade in there, wife and i went to the one in Laurel looking at a used car, and their offer for our trade in killed the deal outright, ended up walking out. They explained just like their no haggle price on buying a car, they had a no haggle price for the trade in and wouldn't negotiate at all.

We've never bought from Carmax, but We've sold both my "trade ins" to them. They gave us quite a bit more on both occasions than anyplace we were going to trade them in.

SoMdDude

We've never bought from Carmax, but We've sold both my "trade ins" to them. They gave us quite a bit more on both occasions than anyplace we were going to trade them in.

Same here the one time I sold a car outright, carmax gave us more than anyone else did, by a couple grand $$