Why?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Is 235 being repaved from 4 to Chancellors Run?

Probablyt since it's been almost 15 years since it was last done?
I'm thinking the last time it was paved completely was when it was widened in the late 90's.
Just my guess...

BTW, I hope they can keep those same ripples in the pavement :)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm thinking the last time it was paved completely was when it was widened in the late 90's.
Just my guess...

BTW, I hope they can keep those same ripples in the pavement :)

But the roads wasn't bad and ate up with potholes.

BernieP

Resident PIA
But the roads wasn't bad and ate up with potholes.

they certainly weren't in the worst of shape. But there were areas where the top layer had peeled off. The intersections seem to be a problem (all over). For some reason they all get that wavey / ripple / rut effect that makes for a smooth ride.

Besides, I said it was a guess. I think sections were repaved after modifications - Wlamart, restuarant row, etc. Not sure if the entire strech had been resurfaced.
I guess we should say "thank you"
GMR and Rt 4 (St. Andrews) were done earlier this year.

SG_Player1974

Didn't they widen that stretch of road during the Bush "W" administration?

I say that because I remember them taking 5-6 YEARS to finish it! :whistle:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was here before the road was widened to accommodate for the increase of traffic for the NAVAIR move. Hollywood Road could use a repave.

Tech

If I remember, the northern sections were completed first and on schedule. The southern section had problems with completion.

SG_Player1974

No. It was widened in the late 90's. It might have stretched into 2000.

I was sent down here in 2000 and there was definitely still construction going on from Gate 2 of the base up to Route 4. I remember it not being totally complete until the 2004-2005 timeframe.

What was that then?

BernieP

Resident PIA

I think it was done before W took office.
The project was initiated when BRAC was laid in - around 1992-93.
Work was suppose to have started that early.
Rumor had it that the county took the money that was intened to start the work and used it for other projects, delaying the work.

I'm pretty sure it was complete by 2000, only seems like it took forever.

But then you had the First Colony work, then the second phase of First Colony at Shady Mile

Then the Chancelors Run work

Then the light and median work at Buck Hewit.

Then

:)

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Because they know in six months they have to dig up for new water, or sewer pipes or something and to pave it AFTER they dig it up would be too efficient.

Don't forget 3 new sets of traffic lights per intersection and the pave, dig up and then re-pave

C

czygvtwkr

No. It was widened in the late 90's. It might have stretched into 2000.

Started in 2000, when I interviewed in Feb of 2000 it was two lane road, when I moved here in May it was all dorked up and I couldnt figure out what was going on.

C

czygvtwkr

On another note, aren't you glad they put all those beautiful bricks in that are either out from trucks riding up on them or have weeds grown in between them? Im so glad they made the median beautiful