Michelle Obama on the Move

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"What will Michelle Obama do next? In this weekend’s issue, Parade talks to the first lady and finds out: She’s taking her fight against childhood obesity to the next level, gearing up for parenting teenagers, and admitting she’s hit her stride in the White House. Check out highlights from the interview, and be sure to check out this weekend’s issue of Parade for the full story.

On why she no longer sports the bangs that caused such a sensation.
You know, it’s hard to make speeches with hair in your face!

On why she chose a leadership role on the issue of childhood obesity in America.
When we started, there were people who were thinking, ‘Oh, that’s not an issue. Why is she picking that?’ But in a short amount of time we have turned a challenging problem into one where there are glimmers of hope and change. Our goal is to see the numbers reduced in a generation.

On thinking about where Malia will go to college.
You know, I am really trying to tone that way down. Because kids are under unreasonable pressure, and it can destroy a high school experience."

Attachments

• michelle-obama-cover-ftr.jpg
    michelle-obama-cover-ftr.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 48

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So what is it.. Do our kids go to bed hungry every night, or are they fat??

Which is it??

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I wish moochele was on the move..................on the move back to Chicago and taking barry with her.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
:bigwhoop:

She could make more of an impact by opening the people's house back up for tours.

Or is having the unwashed marching through her house beneath her dignity?

She doesn't want anyone to see the shag carpet or plastic furniture covers.

Sorry, I'm just sick of her, I think she could have found a better cause than childhood obesity. Most kids that are fat when they are young usually lose that weight as they grow up. I know several, and a few have become vegans, but that's their problem.

Last edited: