Trash Pick-Up Services - California, MD area

warneckutz

Any suggestions? I recall seeing the WM issues in a thread, so they're not too high on the list.

Thanks! :yay:

pebbles

Never used trash service before so nothing to compare it to but when Evergreen came around this summer I signed up. No complaints so far. They pick up twice a week & for my neighborhood charging $75 a quarter.

warneckutz

they all have complaints. i've heard plenty of good things about WM too. :shrug:

Never used trash service before so nothing to compare it to but when Evergreen came around this summer I signed up. No complaints so far. They pick up twice a week & for my neighborhood charging $75 a quarter.

I think WM is around $27-$28/mo, so that's only a little more than what Evergreen charges (I need to see how often WM picks up)

We use Goode.

Would you mind telling me what they charge? I just sent an e-mail asking but no reply yet.

Thank you!

MarieB

I think WM is around $27-$28/mo, so that's only a little more than what Evergreen charges (I need to see how often WM picks up)

Would you mind telling me what they charge? I just sent an e-mail asking but no reply yet.

Thank you!

I think it's $75 per quarter, one a week trash pickup and recycling every other week. If you pay a year in advance you get one month for free

I think Evergreen is the same price, but I have a feeling they will bump their rates after a year. Also, not having trash pickup during a holiday week wouldn't work for us. The one thing that I did like about evergreen was that the guy that came around said they pick up yard waste too, and any extra bags that you have in addition to what fits in your can.

warneckutz

I think it's $75 per quarter, one a week trash pickup and recycling every other week. If you pay a year in advance you get one month for free

I think Evergreen is the same price, but I have a feeling they will bump their rates after a year. Also, not having trash pickup during a holiday week wouldn't work for us. The one thing that I did like about evergreen was that the guy that came around said they pick up yard waste too, and any extra bags that you have in addition to what fits in your can.

Excellent Info. Thank you.

FED_UP

Thank you!

Goode charge me 72 quarterly, for 1 day pick up. Evergreen came around and said 60.

pebbles

Thank you!

I know Evergreen's rates vary depending on the neighborhood & they bring you one trashcan but like Marie said, they will empty another one or extra bags if you put it out there with it. We would be fine with once a week pick up but the twice a week was only $3 more so why not?

Goldenhawk

My Waste Management price was over twice the price of my new Evergreen service.

Here's the sneaky/underhanded thing that WM does: the cost shown on the WM website is NOT the full price. Add some not-listed "fuel/environmental" charge and other "regulatory cost recovery charge" and other similar nonsense charges, and my bill was about $40-45/quarter higher than advertised.

On the other hand, Evergreen charges exactly what they say. One price, no supplemental fees.

Now, it's possible that they've changed pricing due to the pressure from Evergreen and Goode, but it was that way just three months ago when I cancelled my WM service.

warneckutz

Here's the sneaky/underhanded thing that WM does: the cost shown on the WM website is NOT the full price. Add some not-listed "fuel/environmental" charge and other "regulatory cost recovery charge" and other similar nonsense charges, and my bill was about $40-45/quarter higher than advertised.

On the other hand, Evergreen charges exactly what they say. One price, no supplemental fees.

Now, it's possible that they've changed pricing due to the pressure from Evergreen and Goode, but it was that way just three months ago when I cancelled my WM service.

Thank you for that, I've noticed they get quite a few complaints about scamming on the price.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I use waste management and pay $60 per quarter for twice a week pickup. I don't have any complaints about their service. They show up twice a week every week.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House

If your an existing customer Waste management will price match. All you have to do is ask.

Mr_Bond_Got_Em

Been with Evergreen for about 1 month now and have no complaints. $60 per quarter, 1 weekly pickup.

As most have said, they do honor picking up other trash, yard items, etc.

I had the Evergreen trash can full, 2 large boxes, other boxes, and a few other bags in another trashcan which they picked up with no problem.

I've never had any problems with them.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Been with Evergreen for about 1 month now and have no complaints. $60 per quarter, 1 weekly pickup.

As most have said, they do honor picking up other trash, yard items, etc.

I had the Evergreen trash can full, 2 large boxes, other boxes, and a few other bags in another trashcan which they picked up with no problem.

I've never had any problems with them.

I have yet to fill my trash can completely. That thing is enormous.

Goldenhawk

If your an existing customer Waste management will price match. All you have to do is ask.
Now, see, that's kinda scammy if you ask me. Treat your customers like cows or sheep, and you get what you deserve when they start leaving in droves.

MarieB

Goode skipped recycle service this week. I hope that evergreen doesn't lowball them out of existence and then raise everyone's rates

I just can't justify the cost of pickup based on the little bit I throw out. The convenience center is 5 minutes away and I run my errands on the way back, so it costs me nothing.