Manning Gets 35 Years

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Where's the threads?

Manning gets 35 years in WikiLeaks case | Fox News

With time served, he only has about 32 years to go. Poor baby. He will be somebody's baby, though.

Did you even read any of the leaks? I'd betcha any money you couldn't tell me what was revealed... except what was twisted on your fox news! You do realize he is being considered for the Nobel Peace Prize... yep, the same one received by your Command in Cheif.. yeah, that same black guy you all despise and speak like he's evil dirt! Manning will be somebody's baby? Unless you stay glued to your little squirrely circle, he is considered a hero and a true patriot to many!

I don't have much opinion except I don't limit my reading, and I know there are quite a few foreign diplomats and countries not happy with what was revealed. To include sheer propaganda and lies. But you won't read that on your fox news!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Did you even read any of the leaks? I'd betcha any money you couldn't tell me what was revealed... except what was twisted on your fox news! You do realize he is being considered for the Nobel Peace Prize... yep, the same one received by your Command in Cheif.. yeah, that same black guy you all despise and speak like he's evil dirt! Manning will be somebody's baby? Unless you stay glued to your little squirrely circle, he is considered a hero and a true patriot to many!

I don't have much opinion except I don't limit my reading, and I know there are quite a few foreign diplomats and countries not happy with what was revealed. To include sheer propaganda and lies. But you won't read that on your fox news!

Was there a point you were trying to make in there anywhere?:coffee:

SG_Player1974

Counterpoint...

If a man is a known murderer and rapist, and you caught him in the act and shot him between the eyes.... Would you be charged and go to jail?

HELL YES!!!

Bottom line is that I don't need to read 37 different sources to know that it doesn't matter what he revealed. The ONLY thing that matters is that he disclosed information to the public that was deemed confidential and/or secret. CASE CLOSED!!

What if, on that tape that everyone has seen, something was said about the location of a post, depot, base, etc. that YOUR son or daughter was working at and, since it is out there for the public to see and hear, that base was bombed to hell and your son or daughter was KIA?

Is Manning still a hero to you? :smack:

Maybe, if that happened, YOU could hang the Nobel Peace Prize around his traitorous neck!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What if, on that tape that everyone has seen, something was said about the location of a post, depot, base, etc. that YOUR son or daughter was working at and, since it is out there for the public to see and hear, that base was bombed to hell and your son or daughter was KIA?

!

So, if you're so clued in..

Point to the one son or daughter of ANYBODY's that Manning was responsible for getting killed. Name one intelligence document he released that specifically put anyone in danger or at risk..

I would say Hillary and Obama are resposible for an infinite number of more deaths than Manning will ever be.

Yet Manning is serving 35 years, and Hillary looks like she is gearing up for a Presidential run of her own.

Last edited:

SG_Player1974

Point to the one son or daughter of ANYBODY's that Manning was responsible for getting killed. Name one intelligence document he released that specifically but anyone in danger or at risk..

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT WAS ON THERE OR WHAT WAS REVEALED!!!!! :smack:

The ONLY thing that matters is that he did something he WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO DO that could have potentially endangered our country and our fighting force!

ANYONE that has worked in an environment that involves sensitive information knows this. HE KNEW IT! HE CHOSE TO IGNORE IT!

HE IS NOW PAYING FOR IT!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sorry, I forgot reading comprehension of at least 5th grader isn't something you can achieve. You must be in that special circle I spoke of... :whistle:

Or...the total lack of cogent thought and coherent sentences in that disjointed and typo-filled screed might have interfered with anyone's comprehension to a rather extreme degree.

Doncha think?

:killingme

itsbob

I bowl overhand
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT WAS ON THERE OR WHAT WAS REVEALED!!!!! :smack:

The ONLY thing that matters is that he did something he WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO DO that could have potentially endangered our country and our fighting force!

ANYONE that has worked in an environment that involves sensitive information knows this. HE KNEW IT! HE CHOSE TO IGNORE IT!

HE IS NOW PAYING FOR IT!

But that wasn't your claim.. You asked if we would care if it killed our son.. so I asked for you to provide proof that ANY of the documents would have killed anybody..

So now the question is, what did he release?

If a clerk at Auschwitz released passenger manifests and death certificates, would you have sent them to jail, or would you say they were a hero??

(I know the Jewish Prison camp thing is way overboard, but so was your
"What if he killed your son?" claim)

Personally I don't know what Manning released, but I do know that I would want more details of what was in the papers he did release. Classified, Secret or Top Secret, if it revealed our government was participating in illegal activities than I'd say he shouldn't be in jail..

I would imagine most of the documents about fast and furious are all classified, and secret documents, but I'd consider anyone that came foward and said "LOOK, this is the illegal crap our government is doing!" I'd consider them a hero.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

And this is just another emotional Meme..

"could have potentially".. REALLY?? Either it did or didn't.. so it's obvously none of what he released actually did.

SG_Player1974

Ever serve bob?

Ever serve in a position that dealt with sensitive information?

My guess would be NO! Because, if you did, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I have for 25 years and I KNOW why he is in jail.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And this is just another emotional Meme..

"could have potentially".. REALLY?? Either it did or didn't.. so it's obvously none of what he released actually did.

So an active-duty serviceman assigned to intelligence analysis duties with an extremely high clearance should be able to distribute and disseminate classified documents to anyone he decides to whenever he sees fit. In your way of thinking.

Wow.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So an active-duty serviceman assigned to intelligence analysis duties with an extremely high clearance should be able to distribute and disseminate classified documents to anyone he decides to whenever he sees fit. In your way of thinking.

Wow.

EVERYONE has their own morals and values.

I would say you're putting words in my mouth as that is not what I said..

But it's easy to classify a document for many reasons.. to include covering up illegal activity of a high ranking individual or of our government or a government entity.

If you saw a classified document come across your desk that detailed an illegal operation that cost the lives of several innocent civilians would you just let it go, and continue on with your day, or would you do something about it?

It's a dilemna that every single person that gets into this situation has to make hard decisions..

The hardest part is where do you, as an individual, draw the line? Or do you think there is no line, that ANY classified document, no matter how horrendous, vile or illegal the activity should be protected.

Again, I don't know where the Manning documents fall, as I haven't read them and I won't, as just reading them and having them on your computer could, and should, be a security violation. (kind of handy how that works)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ever serve bob?

Ever serve in a position that dealt with sensitive information?

My guess would be NO! Because, if you did, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I have for 25 years and I KNOW why he is in jail.

Actually you'd be wrong (again)..

So if you KNOW why he's in jail, you've read the documents that he released to make such a judgement?

I haven't read them, and won't, so I really can't formulate an opinion as to if he should or should not be in prison, or should be lauded as a hero. or as to how dangerous the information was that he released.

Did he divulge illegal activity by our government? Not sure, I don't know.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
EVERYONE has their own morals and values.

I would say you're putting words in my mouth as that is not what I said..

I just assumed that...since you defended what Manning did. Given the incredible volume of the document spill he created..there is no way he could have been selective. No way at all.

nutz

So if you KNOW why he's in jail,

Yea, he broke the rules. As an enlisted person, he/she doesn't have a "right" to do anything except eat, breathe, and follow the orders given.

The UCMJ covers a lot of ground and just breezing the top you can find enough to say that this he/she did wrong. (Not necessarily anything he/she was charged with but these alone would be enough to end up with an incarceration order.)

•� 888, Article 88. Contempt toward officials
•� 889, Article 89. Disrespect toward superior commissioned officer
•� 891, Article 91. Insubordinate conduct toward warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer
•� 892, Article 92. Failure to obey a lawful order or regulation
•� 898, Article 98. Noncompliance with procedural rules
•� 908, Article 108. Military property of United States� Loss, damage, destruction, or wrongful disposition

Last edited: