Heard the rescue trucks go by

... a little while ago, just went out to close the garage door and believe I hear the rescue 'copter over by WalMart.

Something happen?

rmorse

Civic and a white truck were racing, civic lost control. Truck kept driving. Civic went into the traffic pole, motor ended up where the kid was sitting. Kid never went on the chopper.... I don't think he made it.

I think I'm going to be sick.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Bad accident at 235/Shady Mile. Too bad you can't listen to the police scanner anymore to find out what's going on. :ohwell:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
... a little while ago, just went out to close the garage door and believe I hear the rescue 'copter over by WalMart.

Something happen?
Wondering the same thing...I turned the scanner on & I did hear the word 'reconstruction'...not trying to start any rumors though. I think I hear the helo taking off right now.

rmorse

Well crap... I started a thread on this also and didn't know 1 was already posted... so I'll delete that one.

Anyway, the comments under the article have them arguing over what type of vehicle is up against that pole.... I just cannot figure out how 1 could tell from just this single picture.

I was there. Grey civic hatchback, historic tags.

sockgirl77

#Drag racing on 235? Idiots. I hope they survived. If not, I hope they didn't leave behind a family that has to mourn because they made a complete moronic decision.

MarieB

Well crap... I started a thread on this also and didn't know 1 was already posted... so I'll delete that one.

Anyway, the comments under the article have them arguing over what type of vehicle is up against that pole.... I just cannot figure out how 1 could tell from just this single picture.

Someone in the comments section mentioned that there had been 2 photos and apparently one was taken down. Maybe it showed the plate?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Something happen?

It looks like a horrible, horrible accident.

mamatutu

mama to two
This is horrific, but it should not be called an accident. It is called a car wreck because of ignorance, arrogance, and foolishness. I agree with others, I hope no innocent people were affected. I am going by what has been reported that this was caused due to racing.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
From the comment section, it doesn't sound like the white truck stuck around after the accident???

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Oh no, no issue, no heartburn. I asked, you provided. Just didn't want to see the photo if it was that bad.

Danzig is quite the professional and would never allow any sort of photo to be posted that was in any way, shape, or form showing offensive material.

That being said, it was a picture of the car that impacted the pole and the wreckage to the car was quite extensive. I'm hoping the driver and any passengers survived.