Wedding help needed

Speedy6

Hi, I'm new here. I just got engaged a little over a week ago. I found out the place that I want to have my reception is available for the date I want, but I can't seem to find a church! The one I've been trying to use, the minister is out due to surgery and nobody else has his calendar. Ugh!!!

So, all of my planning is on hold until I can get a set date! I want something in Calvert Co. I'm now beginning to think that maybe it doesn't necessarily have to be a church.

Can anyone suggest a nice place?? Maybe somewhere where we could have the ceremony and reception together?

Thanks!

Speedy6

Thanks for the quick reply tatercake! I just searched google for a website for Breton, but didn't find one. Do they have one? Link?

Thanks!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by Speedy6
Thanks for the quick reply tatercake! I just searched google for a website for Breton, but didn't find one. Do they have one? Link?

Thanks!

They do ... but it doesn't seem to be working. :ohwell: it's http://www.oldebretoninn.com for future reference.

The "Rod & Reel" up near Chesapeake Beach (I think) is nice too.

Sheardelight

if you know someone in the ranch estates the clubhouse there is very nice. they have a beautiful courtyard in the back for a ceremony and you can have your reception inside. also for a church our lady star of the sea is beautiful. My husband and I are renewing our vows there in july and having our reception at the cluchouse. Father Gardiner is very nice and will work with you on what you want. Good Luck!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Why is everyone getting married? :confused: I was in Kay Jewelers last night picking up a ring I sent off to get sized, and they have this huge picture of a wedding party, and the bride's dress was sooooo pretty. I wanna be a wedding dress model when I grow up. Then every day would be my special day :blushing:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by Nickel
I wanna be a wedding dress model when I grow up. Then every day would be my special day :blushing:

w/o having to deal with a man's daily dose of :bs: too! :lmao:

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by CMC122
Herrington Harbour just north of North Beach is nice. :yay:

It is beautiful.

If the weather's nice. I went to a wedding there Sunday. Under the burning eye of Amun Ra, with no shade and no wind to speak of.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by tatercake
w/o having to deal with a man's daily dose of :bs: too! :lmao:
It's a win-win situation :shrug:. Now if I could just get someone to throw me a party, I'd be set :yay:

B

baswm

You can check out Full Gospal Assembly of God in Prince Frederick. The senior paster is out for the moment but there are two assistants that can help.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Brome-Howard Inn in St. Mary's City. A relative got married there a couple of years ago. It's full service--you can have an outdoor wedding and reception by the creek, the place can cater the reception, and you can spend your wedding night upstairs.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Nickel
Why is everyone getting married? :confused: I was in Kay Jewelers last night picking up a ring I sent off to get sized, and they have this huge picture of a wedding party, and the bride's dress was sooooo pretty. I wanna be a wedding dress model when I grow up. Then every day would be my special day :blushing:

Everyone seems to be getting divorced just as fast. For the past several weeks, it seems I am running into more and more people I went to high school with. The conversation is the same, so how are you? Fine Are you and your hubby still together? Yeah Well I’m getting divorced or so and so just left her husband. :yikes: UFB

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by IM4Change
Everyone seems to be getting divorced just as fast. For the past several weeks, it seems I am running into more and more people I went to high school with. The conversation is the same, so how are you? Fine Are you and your hubby still together? Yeah Well I’m getting divorced or so and so just left her husband. :yikes: UFB
I bet if they'd modeled wedding dresses for a few months before tying the knot they'd be okay :yay:

Broke90GSX

Originally posted by tatercake
Old Breton Inn is very nice :yay: But it's in southern St. Mary's County.

We're getting married there in September. I was amazed at how beautiful that place is. I love how you can see the three bodies of water come together from the gazebo.

My dad and stepmom go to Jesus the Good Shepard in Dunkirk/ Owings. It is a big beautiful church. And just in case they have a hall also