This Weekend May 10-11

Frank

Chairman of the Board
This past weekend, we didn't get to meet some of the folks here for one reason or another (some mentioned they'd be out of town or wouldn't be able to make it). The NEXT weekend - the 17th to 18th - is Star Wars weekend. No other movie will come close to it that weekend, and it would be cool to have a bunch of us see that, although as busy as that will be, maybe we might schedule an alternative time.

THIS coming weekend - let's get some more of you on board. We can still do drinks, dinner, movie, or something different - but we can find a way to schedule everyone, so that we can all make it.

OR --

We can see a movie that is still *playing*, but that many of us have not seen. For example, I still haven't seen "Changing Lanes" or "Scorpion King", and I'd like to see them.

Ok, show of hands, suggestions, ideas - the floor is open. Remember that it's THIS weekend, and while it's five days away, it's best to weigh in early so that we can get as many as possible.

(My idea? Same as last - meet at Northridge, see *place movie here*, grab a bite to eat).

BudoPo

This weekend will be tough for me.  I'd like to say "count me in", but I'm going to have to play it by ear.  I'd say there's a 50-50 chance for me showing up.

S

ShellyCW

I can't come this weekend
(I's gradu-ma-tating kollege :dance: :dude: :biggrin: :cheers:).
I'll keep an eye on the meet & greet section because I'd like to meet some of my esteemed colleagues.  

Vicki

I'm with Shelly. And then the weekend of the 18th and the weekend of the 25th I'll be out of the country... but I'll be back for Christy's party, party, party!

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Sorry guys that I didn't make it this weekend...My daughter had a medical emergency on Thurs. evening and we spent the night in the emergency room at Calvert Mem. Had to take off work on Friday to stay home with her, and do NOT have a computer hooked up at home, so couldn't contact you guys! She was still feeling pretty lousy on Sat.,  so she didn't feel like going out anywhere on Sat. night and I didn't want to leave her home alone...

I would LOVE to get out this weekend, Frank! I'm in pretty desperate need of some FUN at his point, following the week from hell of tornados and emergency room visits!! I feel like this: :dead:

So if it just ends up being a few of us, that's okay! If the weather's nice, how about going somewhere in Solomon's or Stoney's in Broome's Island?? Just a suggestion...

PS – RFM, my daughter turned 15 today – I know you just can't WAIT 'til yours is old enough to date, too! Actually, my daughter is allowed to date ONLY if parents drive – she's not allowed to go with boys in cars alone yet (she has to wait another year, at least!)

(Edited by Sierra39 at 9:47 am on May 7, 2002)

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Sorry we missed you.....

Yeah, I'm gonna be in need of some fun too this weekend, too. So it doesn't matter to me how small a crowd that turns out.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
If it's in *Prince Frederick* - I might give it a try.

If it's in Frederick, Maryland - you know, a couple hours away - I know I won't be going.

Where is it?

BudoPo

I have some guests visiting this weekend. We're not sure what our plans are for Saturday night, so keep me posted as to what your plans are and we might want to join in.

R

RFM

Sorry I did not make it last week, actualy I was at the theater but it was a little uncofortable as I told Seirra in an email. I would like to do something this weekend but I will have to watch my budget. Let me know what you guys think.

John

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Ok. well ----- it is *Friday* --- the weekend is HERE. So who do we have for sure? Sierra, RFM - BudoPo (maybe?). The weather is supposed to be nice, maybe we can meet somewhere on Solomon's? Where on Solomon's is quiet, early on a Saturday? I hate the food at Solomon's Pier, but if the deck is open, I could meet for drinks. Does that sound ok? Saturday at say, 6pm?

zyrne

This Saturday

Ok...So I'm a little late getting into this, but I'd like to join the group Saturday, the 11th. I still have questions....

Is it set for the pier at 6pm?
How do I know who the group is?
Do you email everyone or just off the board?

-Z-:shocked:

zyrne

Too Bad

Well....I wanted to go...but wasn't sure if I'd have been there by myself staring at everyone wondering if they were you:blushing:

Anyway......I'd love to be included next time.

Z

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Sorry. I can't check this board constantly. I was there till about 8, and Budo showed up around 6:45. He couldn't stay, and I was pretty sure if no one showed up by 8, they weren't coming.

In the future - I kind of need definites by Thursday, and no later than Friday, because several people on line cannot get to a computer outside of work - and some work nights. For those who work nights, that can mean that the last they see this board would be Friday afternoon at the latest. This means that plans really have to be ready to go by that time, and I'm way too busy Saturday to check anyway. That's really the rationale for posting early, because of the lag time to get everyone on board.

I'll post something Monday for next weekend.