Wild Bunnies

arabianpony

We mowed some long grass beside our house this weekend and uncovered a bunny nest. lots of little babies with eyes closed and little bitty ears. We put some cut grass over the top, but havn't seen mommie for 2 days. The babies don't look fat, but are moving around alot. worried the short grass has chased momma off. I planned to watch again for momma this evening, but if she doesn't show up, is there anyway to save the babies? Move the nest or feed them till I can release them AWAY from my veggie garden? When is the momma most likely to visit the nest? what about rabies?

J

justhangn

Feed them with an eye dropper....... :yay:

Don't expect them to live though. :shrug:

arabianpony

Thanks Appy, exactly what I was looking for. My shepherd is very concerned (she bought me home a live baby possum last fall, carried him all passed out and gently and set it at my feet before I realized what it was! We went and sat on the hill and watched him 'come to' and waddle off, funny as He!!) , but if my terrier finds them, he will eat them. I will check them when I get home and then tomorrow morning, if they look the same, I will see what Ican do. I wasn't watching for mamma in the mornings, so Hopefully, I was just missing her.

Pete

Repete
Chopper the wondercat brought me one a few days ago. He is so thoughtful he chewed the head half off to be sure it would not hurt me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Pete
Chopper the wondercat brought me one a few days ago. He is so thoughtful he chewed the head half off to be sure it would not hurt me.
:lmao:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by arabianpony
We mowed some long grass beside our house this weekend and uncovered a bunny nest. lots of little babies with eyes closed and little bitty ears. We put some cut grass over the top, but havn't seen mommie for 2 days. The babies don't look fat, but are moving around alot. worried the short grass has chased momma off. I planned to watch again for momma this evening, but if she doesn't show up, is there anyway to save the babies? Move the nest or feed them till I can release them AWAY from my veggie garden? When is the momma most likely to visit the nest? what about rabies?

Just convince appy to take them off your hands... she'll save anything. :yay: :wink:

K

Kizzy

Maybe you could return the favor and remove a few of those stray cats heads, so they don't hurt poor Chooper.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by IM4Change
Maybe you could return the favor and remove a few of those stray cats heads, so they don't hurt poor Chooper.
He had one all puffed up last night in the driveway. A scrawny tiger juvenille was all bowed up at him. I don't know WTF that thing was thinking it was doing taunting a trained proven killer like Chopper. Luckily I threw a rake at it and it ran off.

Last edited:

arabianpony

He had one all puffed up last night in the driveway. A scrawny tiger juvenille was all bowed up at him. I don't know WTF that thing was thinking it was doing taunting a trained prven killer like Chopper. Luckily I threw a rake at it and it ran off.

what a brave and strong daddy.

K

Kizzy

He had one all puffed up last night in the driveway. A scrawny tiger juvenille was all bowed up at him. I don't know WTF that thing was thinking it was doing taunting a trained prven killer like Chopper. Luckily I threw a rake at it and it ran off.

The nerve. The strange kitty should have tried the “Puss and Boots” approach.

K

Kizzy

I would have shot it but it was next to my beloved truck. :ohwell:

:shrug: Maybe you should have chewed his head off, you know Chopper would have done that for you.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by IM4Change
:shrug: Maybe you should have chewed his head off, you know Chopper would have done that for you.
He owed me big time, he got brushed for about 30 minutes. I got enough hair off him to make 3 more cats.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
He owed me big time, he got brushed for about 30 minutes. I got enough hair off him to make 3 more cats.

he did say something the other night about preferring less hair on his ... :shrug: