Luke 22:1-6

hotcoffee

Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus

Luke 22:1 Now the Festival of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover, was approaching, 2 and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some way to get rid of Jesus, for they were afraid of the people. 3 Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. 4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money. 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.​

Here's a dark thought.

Judas walked with Jesus, and then Judas betrayed Him.

Think about it. Judas was one of the twelve that Jesus gave the power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases. Judas was one of the twelve who were sent out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.

Still, according to Luke "Satan entered Judas".

If Judas, who walked with Jesus every day, wasn't safe from Satan, how safe am I?

If Judas, who was given the power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, wasn't safe from Satan, how safe am I?

If Judas, who was sent out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick by Jesus the Messiah Himself, wasn't save from Satan, how safe are the preachers?

Some of you might point out that it was foretold.

Psalm 41:9 Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me.​

Jesus knew. God knew. Satan knew.

According to Billy Graham
"If Judas had only committed himself to Jesus -- not just outwardly but in his heart -- his life would have been radically different."​

:coffee:

Last edited: