Talent

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whatever happened to that? Now all any of these "entertainers" do is take their clothes off. Miley can't sing, she sure as hell can't dance, and she was a much bigger star when she was Hannah Montana and clothed. So what's the point in this?

Seriously. Movies...music...pretty much everything sucks nowadays and the performers are no-talent hacks. I just watched Brooklyn's Finest, which has a terrific cast....but the movie was so ignorant and filled with cliches that it sucked sack. It's like that with almost every movie I try to watch; I get about 20 mins in and just can't see wasting any more of my life.

TV sucks, too. It's all Ow My Balls.

What happened to entertainers who could sing and dance, could act? Writers and directors who knew how to put a plot together? Are we that deteriorated now that we no longer appreciate that sort of thing and now just want to see nekkid people having sex?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Camille Paglia: What Miley Cyrus

Pop is suffering from the same malady as the art world, which is stuck on the tired old rubric that shock automatically confers value. But those once powerful avant-garde gestures have lost their relevance in our diffuse and technology-saturated era, when there is no longer an ossified high-culture establishment to rebel against. On the contrary, the fine arts are alarmingly distant or marginal to most young people today.