CAC cards

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Where are they issued on Pax?

We just got a 21 day bridge contract to last until we get a 12 month extension so I need a new card (and another one at the end of the month) :crazy:

BOP

We just got a 21 day bridge contract to last until we get a 12 month extension so I need a new card (and another one at the end of the month) :crazy:

Your COR and your Trusted Agent (who may or may not be the same person) will put you into the TASS (old CVS) system, for your new CAC. The TASS system will notify you via email to log in and submit your application. Once you do that, and your TA approves it, the system will notify you that your application was approved, and to proceed to the CAC issuing facility. You can literally go to anywhere that issues CACs, though closer is obviously more convenient. I've had people go on travel literally the day they get notice to go get their CACs, and rather than wait until they got back, they simply went to badge and pass at Cherry Point, Camp Pendleton, Miramar, various reserve bases, and so on.

If I were your TAS, depending on the COR, I'd issue the CAC for 13 months, providing the contract extension was eminent.

BOP

Nor can an ATM card be used to get on base. I held it out one day by mistake. :lol:

Some years ago, not long after I'd come to Pax, I drove in at Gate 2 in the wee hours of the morning. Pulled up to the rather comely female 2nd Class Petty Officer. I can only blame it on a combination of being sleepy and being distracted by her :)hot:), because I handed her my credit card. In her best Texas drawl, she said "I sure do appreciate the gift, but I still need to see your ID card, sir." I must have :blushing: like a teen-ager. She had the most musical laugh.

#girlsinuniform

Radiant1

Soul Probe
aps, you'll be wasting your time if your TA hasn't entered you into TASS and you have submitted your application, so make sure that's been done first.

MMM_donuts

Prepare your patience for the trip.

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate going there. There's a specific lady that works there that is neither polite nor helpful. I end up writing a long formal complaint about her every time I have to utilize that office. I think she is the epitome of government waste.

Review this information before your visit and make an appointment if you can. Oh, and understand that even though the office doesn't close until, like, 3 pm or so, they'll stop seeing people much earlier than that to ensure they can leave on time. They also do not move quickly EVER so be prepared to wait and watch how inefficient the process is while you're sitting there. Sometimes it isn't busy and you can get through pretty quickly, sometimes it'll wreck your day. Kinda like the DMV. The appointment is, in theory, the easiest way to mitigate the pain of the process.

Common Access Card (CAC): Home

BernieP

Resident PIA
Some years ago, not long after I'd come to Pax, I drove in at Gate 2 in the wee hours of the morning. Pulled up to the rather comely female 2nd Class Petty Officer. I can only blame it on a combination of being sleepy and being distracted by her :)hot:), because I handed her my credit card. In her best Texas drawl, she said "I sure do appreciate the gift, but I still need to see your ID card, sir." I must have :blushing: like a teen-ager. She had the most musical laugh.

#girlsinuniform

I can safely say most of the folks doing ID checks at the gates are pleasant, sometimes it's the high point of the day. (Can't say young or men anymore, as you get a wide variation).
OBTW, some of the young ladies (sailors) pulling duty there aren't so comely (or is that my age showing?) :)

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Once you do get put in the system, B409 is much faster, it's the old PSD building.
Here's the appointment maker for 409
https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/appointment/building.aspx?BuildingId=583
And gate 2
https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/appointment/building.aspx?BuildingId=584

Last edited: