Putin warns Russia could come to Syria's aid over

Bay_Kat

Tropical
...US strike

As he touched down in St. Petersburg on Thursday morning, President Obama greeted his host Vladimir Putin with a handshake and a smile.

But the cordial greeting belies the tinderbox the two leaders are sitting on, as they posture and deliberate over a potential U.S. strike on Syria -- one of Russia's closest Mideast allies.

Putin escalated concerns about the fallout from any strike when he indicated in an interview published Wednesday that his country could send Syria and its neighbors in the region the components of a missile shield if the U.S. attacks.

Read more: Putin warns Russia could come to Syria's aid over US strike | Fox News

Surprised?

And today he released adocument that indicates the rebels are the ones that used chemical weapons. This is being released just after the US has made their final claim that the Syrian government used the chemical weapons.

Russia says it has compiled a 100-page report detailing what it says is evidence that Syrian rebels, not forces loyal to President Bashar Assad, were behind a deadly sarin gas attack in an Aleppo suburb earlier this year.

Read more here: Russia says it's compiled 100-page report blaming Syrian rebels for a chemical weapons attack | McClatchy

Russia says it's compiled 100-page report blaming Syrian rebels for a chemical weapons attack | McClatchy

I fully believe we are falling right smack dab into Russia's hands if we trudge forward to "police" something we have no business "policing". The stage has clearly been set.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
So...would the US survive a war with Russia while under constant attack from Jihadists?

:eyebrow:

So...would the US survive a war with Russia while under constant attack from Jihadists?

:eyebrow:
Of course we wouldn't. Let's also remember that we have spent the past several years "leading by example" by reducing our arsenal all the while Russia was building theirs up... we are a joke.

Despite Arms Reduction Treaty, Russia Is Increasing Its Nuclear Capability | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

About a year and a half ago, the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (New START) entered into force. The Obama Administration ensured the American people and the Senate that the treaty would contribute to strategic stability between the United States and the Russian Federation.

The treaty was touted as a crown jewel of the Administration’s “reset” policy, but yet another State Department data declaration confirms that the treaty is hopelessly biased in the Kremlin’s favor and that the “reset” policy is in shambles.

The treaty, in fact, undermines strategic stability. The State Department’s data show that Russia lowered the number of its intercontinental-range ballistic missiles (ICBM), submarine-launched ballistic missiles—or bombers—by three (compared to the March 1, 2012, data declaration).

At the same time, the country increased the number of its accountable warheads by seven (if the March 1, 2012, data declaration is taken as a baseline of comparison). This means that the Russians are putting more nuclear warheads, or Multiple Independent Reentry Vehicles (MIRVs), on each of their delivery vehicles. The process is also known as MIRVing and has been considered destabilizing for decades because it is said to incentivize the other side to strike first.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Hmmm...Nostradamus was only a few decades off on his predictions!

What's that old hippie song..."yippie we are all going to die"

Hmmm...Nostradamus was only a few decades off on his predictions!

What's that old hippie song..."yippie we are all going to die"
Whe this current scenario began to unfold the Nostradamus prediction of WWIII was the FIRST thing that came to mind.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Found the song. Just need to change a few words:

Well, come on all of you big strong men

Uncle Sam needs your help, again

He got himself in a terrible jam

Way down yonder in Vietnam

Put down your books and pick up a gun

We're gonna have a whole lotta fun

And it's 1 - 2 - 3, what are we fightin' for?

Don't ask me I don't give a damn, the next stop is Vietnam

And it's 5 - 6 - 7, open up the pearly gates

Well, there ain't no time to wonder why

whoopee! - we're all gonna die

Now come on Wall Street, don't be slow
Why man, this's war a-go-go
There's plenty good money to be made
Supplyin' the army with the tools of the trade
Just hope and pray that when they drop the bomb
They drop it on the Viet Cong

Now come on generals, let's move fast
Your big chance is here at last
At night you go out and get those reds
Cause the only good commie is one that's dead
You know that peace can only be won
When you blow 'em all to kingdom come

*Interlude* (verse)

Now come on mothers throughout the land
Pack your boys off to Vietnam
Come on fathers, don't hesitate
Send your sons off before it's too late
Be the first one on your block
To have your boy come home in a box

nobody really

I need a nap
Whe this current scenario began to unfold the Nostradamus prediction of WWIII was the FIRST thing that came to mind.

i guess your nostradamus comment made me think about this (don't have time to google the source), but i read or heard (maybe on history channel) that the four horseman of the apocalypse are the leaders of the middle east. I forgot who they said was the antichrist. This whole mess has me thinking this is going to be a sh*t storm.

and i fly to europe in november ew boy.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
i guess your nostradamus comment made me think about this (don't have time to google the source), but i read or heard (maybe on history channel) that the four horseman of the apocalypse are the leaders of the middle east. I forgot who they said was the antichrist. This whole mess has me thinking this is going to be a sh*t storm.

and i fly to europe in november ew boy.

Don't envy you. My husband is flying out of Dubai in a few hours and back in 3 weeks from now. I don't like that.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Hmmm...isn't the Black Sea in Russia?

Of beyond the Black Sea and of the great Tartary,
A king comes who will see Gaul,
Piercing across Alania and Armenia,
And within Byzantium hw will leave his bloody rod.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
WTF :jameo: copyright 2006 :jameo

Prophecies of Nostradamus on World War III

Excerpt:

...based on various prophecies, the Third World War would start when Russia suddenly attacks Europe in coalition with certain Middle Eastern countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Libya and probably China. Prior to the World War III, USA would be severely crippled by terrorist attacks, assassinations, a civil war and an economic collapse.

and more...

Broadly speaking, the various prophecies indicate that the Third World War will be preceded by an unprecedented increase in large-scale natural calamities all over the world like big earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, famines etc. Localized wars, revolutions, political disturbances and large scale terrorist attacks will increase. Assassinations of high profile leaders will take place and tensions between various countries will rise. The economies of various countries will be severely affected, leading to unemployment or inflation. The actual war would be of a short duration but is said to be several times more destructive in terms of the cost of human lives and property than all the previous world wars taken together.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
WTF :jameo: copyright 2006 :jameo

Prophecies of Nostradamus on World War III

Excerpt:

...based on various prophecies, the Third World War would start when Russia suddenly attacks Europe in coalition with certain Middle Eastern countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Libya and probably China. Prior to the World War III, USA would be severely crippled by terrorist attacks, assassinations, a civil war and an economic collapse.

Okay, that's scary.

I'm going home and getting into bed and pulling the covers over my head.
You will need more than a blanket...:shocking:

The attack on the US would stop the Civil War there. New types of weapons, like Chemical Weapons and particularly what appears to be portable Laser weapons, would be used in the war. At the same time an unprecedented disaster would take place. A comet would suddenly appear over the earth in the peak of the war, would break into several pieces and fall to the earth. Smaller pieces would rain fire on cities and forests all over the world, burning them down. A large piece would fall into the sea creating a Tsunami of Biblical proportions, flooding parts of Europe (including Britain), USA and Africa. One medium sized chunk would fall on land, creating a huge crater, resulting in earthquake and volcano activities all over the world.

On the bright side, for those calling for a "do over"...

Peace would return to the world after a loss of almost two-thirds of its population and the wealth of nations accumulated over millennia. But this would surely not be the end of the world.

Okay... back to "holy crap"... if by some chance anybody takes out Assad... it's on like donkey kong...

It is hard to understand at this stage why Russia would suddenly attack Europe. Yet, most of the prophecies seem to agree on this part. Logically too, it is only Russia which has the capability to take on the might of USA and Europe, even after the break up of its empire. It still has sufficient nuclear weapons, technology and manpower to do so. The overall picture of the events leading to the World War is not clear. What appears from some prophecies is that immediately preceding the war, Russia would have tensions with the west over some Middle Eastern affair. But the actual war would begin after the assassination of a political leader in the Balkan area, who could be the famous "Mabus" often discussed in the context of Nostradamus's prophecies.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
You will need more than a blanket...:shocking:

The attack on the US would stop the Civil War there. New types of weapons, like Chemical Weapons and particularly what appears to be portable Laser weapons, would be used in the war. At the same time an unprecedented disaster would take place. A comet would suddenly appear over the earth in the peak of the war, would break into several pieces and fall to the earth. Smaller pieces would rain fire on cities and forests all over the world, burning them down. A large piece would fall into the sea creating a Tsunami of Biblical proportions, flooding parts of Europe (including Britain), USA and Africa. One medium sized chunk would fall on land, creating a huge crater, resulting in earthquake and volcano activities all over the world.

I guess I shouldn't renew my magazine subscriptions. :ohwell: