Accident just south of P F

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ALERT Accident in Prince Frederick - Southern Maryland News

ALERT – A two-vehicle accident has been reported in the Prince Frederick area. According to sources on the scene, the collision occurred on Route 2/4 near the intersection of Old Field Road and Sherry Lane. Three adults are being flown by helicopter to Washington, DC area hospitals. More details to follow.

Update - advisory to motorists....The Maryland State Police have traffic shut down at northbound Route 2/4 south entrance to Main Street, Prince Frederick due to auto accident. Traffic is being diverted down Main Street.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I got caught up in the traffic. Both sides were closed off. I was coming south and they diverted us on to Old Field Ln and came back out to 4 on Main St where the Mr. Tire is, where the NB side was closed off. I got there just after the chopper landed.

I really wish I understood what is so hard about driving through that section of road that is causing so many accidents. I think there have been 4 or 5 in the past year.

mamatutu

mama to two
I got caught up in the traffic. Both sides were closed off. I was coming south and they diverted us on to Old Field Ln and came back out to 4 on Main St where the Mr. Tire is, where the NB side was closed off. I got there just after the chopper landed.

I really wish I understood what is so hard about driving through that section of road that is causing so many accidents. I think there have been 4 or 5 in the past year.

All four left turn arrows have even been put up now, so there is no guessing or turning in front of someone. People on both sides tend to use the 3rd merge/right turn only lane to speed up and get in front of as many as possible. I notice people travel faster on that stretch between Rt. 231 and Old Field/Sherry. I will be interested to know how the accident happened. Maybe someone ran the red light. I heard a helicopter flying nearby for quite a long time, and couldn't see it, so turned on the scanner and heard about the accident.

glhs837

Power with Control
All four left turn arrows have even been put up now, so there is no guessing or turning in front of someone. People on both sides tend to use the 3rd merge/right turn only lane to speed up and get in front of as many as possible. I notice people travel faster on that stretch between Rt. 231 and Old Field/Sherry. I will be interested to know how the accident happened. Maybe someone ran the red light. I heard a helicopter flying nearby for quite a long time, and couldn't see it, so turned on the scanner and heard about the accident.

Says it actually happened in front of the Full Gospel Assembly of God Church, here. the place on the right side

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...d786!2d-76.5790166!3d38.5295847!2m1!1e3&fid=7

If thats so, the safest bet is a failure to yield.

mdff21

Vehicle crossed the median in the area of the rescue squad and hit a vehicle head on. It wasn't at the intersection of Old Field and 4. It could have been a medical emergency that made the vehicle cross the median. I guess we will find out when more details follow.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I got caught in that mess yesterday. It happened right in front of the church. I was stopped right in front of the rescue station going SB. They had lanes blocked and the helo landed right in front of me in the median. Waited about an hour until they started letting traffic go in the SB lanes. Looked really bad when I passed the accident. Heard one victim was a 60 year old woman. Alert but had facial trauma. Not sure how accurate that is.

There is another terrible accident SB Rt 4 at Northwest Rd. Lanes were closed as of 4am. I haven't gotten an alert saying they were openned yet.

PsyOps

Pixelated
There is another terrible accident SB Rt 4 at Northwest Rd. Lanes were closed as of 4am. I haven't gotten an alert saying they were openned yet.

Went by it around 5:15 and it looked like it was still closed off. Couldn't tell what happened; it was too dark. Looked like a couple of SUVs facing the wrong direction.