Bad wreck SB Rte 4 Huntingtown or Dunkirk

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
And according to my renter, the news people say there has been a fatality. Rte 4 SB closed due to the accident.

With bumper-to-bumper traffic driving at 70+ in a 55 on roller-coaster hills with many turnoffs, you have a recipe for disaster.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I passed it around 4am. It's at Northwest Rd. Couldn't tell what happened as it was dark but lots of emergency equiptment there so it must have been bad.

garyt27

INAFJ
And according to my renter, the news people say there has been a fatality. Rte 4 SB closed due to the accident.

With bumper-to-bumper traffic driving at 70+ in a 55 on roller-coaster hills with many turnoffs, you have a recipe for disaster.

Bumper to bumper at 4:am? S.B.? I doubt it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I passed it around 4am. It's at Northwest Rd. Couldn't tell what happened as it was dark but lots of emergency equiptment there so it must have been bad.

So did I. It was obviously a very ugly accident. There was the rear section of a full-size white SUV sitting there...the top was cut off to extract the passenger(s) and the front was pretty much either smashed flat or torn off. Traffic SB was blocked off just above the Rt.2 merge.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Good Lord 4 was shut down just yesterday afternoon for a head-on. It seems to be an almost daily occurrence anymore. I'm not over there that much but we went through PF on Sunday and I remarked about all the bad accidents on that road recently. What gives?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Good Lord 4 was shut down just yesterday afternoon for a head-on. It seems to be an almost daily occurrence anymore. I'm not over there that much but we went through PF on Sunday and I remarked about all the bad accidents on that road recently. What gives?

Not sure it was a head on if it's the one in mid Prince Frederick.. Looks like a pick up pulled out in front of a Jeep Cherokee.

ALERT Accident in Prince Frederick - Southern Maryland News

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oh my gosh! Those pictures are chilling to look at; the destruction is incredible. I can't even imagine. I hope everyone survived. I have started driving the back way a lot more to get to PF. Greys to Sixes to Adelina to 231.

if you take a close look, I'd guess 90% of the damage was done by the Fire Dept... AND not saying it shouldn't have been done, but the accident didn't tear the roofs off of the vehicles..

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
if you take a close look, I'd guess 90% of the damage was done by the Fire Dept... AND not saying it shouldn't have been done, but the accident didn't tear the roofs off of the vehicles..
Irregardless of the perceived vs. real damage to the vehicles, someone out there is seriously injured with a broken pelvis, broken arm, leg and finger, plus whatever else still undetermined. :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Irregardless of the perceived vs. real damage to the vehicles, someone out there is seriously injured with a broken pelvis, broken arm, leg and finger, plus whatever else still undetermined. :shrug:

Didn't know that at the time, but was hoping that was the case.. i was hoping it wasn't as bad as it looked..