Al jazeera america already loses an anchor

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
AL JAZEERA AMERICA ALREADY LOSES AN ANCHOR

Just three weeks after Al Jazeera America’s much-publicized launch, anchor Morgan Fogarty is quitting and returning to her previous co-anchor position at WCCB-TV in Charlotte, N.C. It’s the latest blow to the new-found network, which is funded by the government of Qatar.

Fogarty recently moved to New York City to take the Al Jazeera position, but she has apparently decided that the new job isn’t for her. No direct reasons for the change-of-heart were provided in a press release announcing her return to the 10 p.m. CW newscast.

“Fogarty said the idea of going to New York seemed like the right thing to do but she came to the decision with her husband, Jeremy, to return to Charlotte,” reads the release. “She is excited to re-unite with her colleagues at WCCB.”

Gosh what ever could be wrong @ Allah TV

BOP

Probably threatened to behead her or something if she didn't wear a burka on the air.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
strange no comments from Andrew

Andi's trying to find a way to jigger the ratings numbers in some obscure, self-developed demo in a 2 AM to 2:03 AM slot to make it appear AJA is actually winning.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Yeah this is a huge blow to AJAM :ohwell: Some chick who's on the air for like 30 seconds at 3am left the network. What ever will AJAM do? :sarcasm:

DipStick

Fogarty recently moved to New York City to take the Al Jazeera position, but she has apparently decided that the new job isn’t for her. No direct reasons for the change-of-heart were provided in a press release announcing her return to the 10 p.m. CW newscast.

Gosh what ever could be wrong @ Allah TV

Maybe she was mad that she wasn't even a lightweight at AJAM and decided to go back to where she was a heavyweight.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Maybe she was mad that she wasn't even a lightweight at AJAM and decided to go back to where she was a heavyweight.

Did the network ever solve the conundrum of sponsors/advertisers being unwilling to buy airtime?

DipStick

But for how long? "Loosing money forever" is rare business model.

We know what the baseline is for TV ratings now. We'll know more in six months. Hard to determine how successful a business will be when it just launched.

I would think righties would celebrate AJAM since MSNBC and CNN have a lot to lose, knowing that the people who watch Fox News only watch Fox News. Then again, Al Jazeera is actually NEWS with serious, investigative journalism, not snark anchored by opinion hosts in New York City that tells you what you want to believe.

Pete

Repete

Or may e she became aware of how Muslims treat women and decided working for a network that would force her to ride in the back of the bus ...where she belonged .....was outside her comfort zone. I think it is beyond grotesque that window licking twits like you think it is hip, cool and cutting edge to patronize and popularize that which is despicable. Funny how you progressives think AJ is just dandy despite the atrocious treatment of women by the very religion it represents. I invite you to drop in to Saudi Arabia for a visit and witness it yourself.

DipStick

Or may e she became aware of how Muslims treat women and decided working for a network that would force her to ride in the back of the bus ...where she belonged .....was outside her comfort zone. I think it is beyond grotesque that window licking twits like you think it is hip, cool and cutting edge to patronize and popularize that which is despicable. Funny how you progressives think AJ is just dandy despite the atrocious treatment of women by the very religion it represents. I invite you to drop in to Saudi Arabia for a visit and witness it yourself.

How is AJAM "mistreating women"? Joie Chen hosts their flagship program, America Tonight. Lisa Fletcher hosts The Stream on AJAM primetime. Libby Casey hosts Inside Story. And they have a woman (don't know her name) anchor Newshour out of Doha, which AJAM simulcasts. Maybe try watching the network instead of assuming it's Islamic propaganda because Fox said so.

Personally, I think it speaks volumes about this country's media that the Arabs can cover news in the United States better than any American news network.

Last edited: