Video: 'Police brutality' during DUI arrest?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...cern-from-prosecutors?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

The action starts @ 8:22

A woman who suffered a broken orbital bone in her face and other injuries during her arrest on a DUI charge was the victim of police brutality, her lawyer said.

Christina West, 44, was arrested in the early morning hours of Aug. 10 by officers with the Tallahassee Police Department after she crashed her vehicle into a house on Kilkenny Drive, according to police reports.

A dashboard camera inside a TPD vehicle captured the arrest on video, which was obtained by the Tallahassee Democrat. The video shows West’s head being slammed against a police car before she is taken forcefully to the ground.

Attachments

• bilde.jpg
    bilde.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 71

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry, no sale. Maybe we should think about consequences before we get drunk and crash our cars into other peoples' homes.

itsrequired

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...cern-from-prosecutors?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

The action starts @ 8:22

A woman who suffered a broken orbital bone in her face and other injuries during her arrest on a DUI charge was the victim of police brutality, her lawyer said.

Christina West, 44, was arrested in the early morning hours of Aug. 10 by officers with the Tallahassee Police Department after she crashed her vehicle into a house on Kilkenny Drive, according to police reports.

A dashboard camera inside a TPD vehicle captured the arrest on video, which was obtained by the Tallahassee Democrat. The video shows West’s head being slammed against a police car before she is taken forcefully to the ground.

Where is the brutality? She's intoxicated. She's given numerous commands which she fails to follow. They go to put cuffs on her and she grabs them. They bring her to the ground to gain control.

Nope... no crime captured on that video. I watched the entire video and I saw a bunch of calm, professional police officers doing their job.

And as for her picture... I'm thinking your drunk azz slamming your car into a house might have something to do with your facial injuries.

glhs837

Power with Control
Kwill, I think it's all from the cop car, but it's not the officers fault. Her face was broken on the fender of the car all right. But not because the officer purposefully smashed her face into it, but because she fought the officers when they were trying to swap her cuffs to the front. Her left leg went out from under her, and her face hit the fender on the way down.

Not officer misconduct at all, IMHO.

nutz

Kwill, I think it's all from the cop car, but it's not the officers fault. Her face was broken on the fender of the car all right. But not because the officer purposefully smashed her face into it, but because she fought the officers when they were trying to swap her cuffs to the front. Her left leg went out from under her, and her face hit the fender on the way down.

Not officer misconduct at all, IMHO.

Nah, delayed airbag reaction.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the cops should have shot her. Made all gone. How are we supposed to defend ourselves against the zombie apocalypse if we have crybabies whingeing about brutality?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Que Larry, Chris, GURPS & FreedomFan to rag the cops and defend the poor defenseless drunk who was just exercising her 4A rights. Too bad she wasn't 107 years old too. :killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Que Larry, Chris, GURPS & FreedomFan to rag the cops and defend the poor defenseless drunk who was just exercising her 4A rights. Too bad she wasn't 107 years old too. :killingme

Yeah, too bad. Just think how much your pleasure could have been enhanced had she been 107. "Look it here! She her face bounce off the ground! Yee haw! Bet that really challenged the polly grip! Yuck, yuck, yuck!"

You always take the cops side, at least in every issue we've discussed on the forums. That really should give you pause.

I try to take the cops side when they do the right thing and handle themselves as professionals, and I say so, as in the OC beach thing.

Yeah, too bad. Just think how much your pleasure could have been enhanced had she been 107. "Look it here! She her face bounce off the ground! Yee haw! Bet that really challenged the polly grip! Yuck, yuck, yuck!"

You always take the cops side, at least in every issue we've discussed on the forums. That really should give you pause.

I try to take the cops side when they do the right thing and handle themselves as professionals, and I say so, as in the OC beach thing.
I take Baja's point as being that somebody doesn't get a "there there" just because they are female or because they are old or becuase they are a child or because because because.......... and I missed your opinion on this video... did you see excessive police brutality?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I take the side of right. If it happens that the cop is right and the combative drunken idiot is wrong, c'est la vie. Had this woman not gotten hammered, crashed her car into someone's home, then tried to fight off the cops, she wouldn't have a busted up face. Cause: effect. We own our behavior and the ensuing consequences and I do not understand why that concept is so difficult to understand.

donbarzini

The only problem I have with their actions is: why did they decide to switch her cuffs to the front? Because she asked? THAT's what you get for being nice. A kick in the balls and the 40 minute "I'm dying" aria. F### her.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
The only problem I have with their actions is: why did they decide to switch her cuffs to the front? Because she asked? THAT's what you get for being nice. A kick in the balls and the 40 minute "I'm dying" aria. F### her.

I agree 100%. I bet the officers get in trouble, once you are cuffed your safety is the Officers responsibility.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Not True!! Not true at all. :nono: I am documented on here as stating the cops were in the wrong when they were. My post said something to the effect of "He should lose his job" Or "he's a disgrace to the force" pertaining to a video not too long ago.

POLICE STATE!! POLICE STATE!! POLICE STATE!! POLICE STATE!! POLICE STATE!! POLICE STATE!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not True!! Not true at all. :nono: I am documented on here as stating the cops were in the wrong when they were. My post said something to the effect of "He should lose his job" Or "he's a disgrace to the force" pertaining to a video not too long ago.
!

Good. I'll be happy to see that because there is no doubt we've demanded our officers be far more aggressive than what they ought to be in a lot of circumstances.