A Right-Wing Media Star Is Born.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"Casting a wide net and always willing to promote whoever will mount attacks against President Obama, conservative commentators have recently reached out all the way to Moscow to embrace their latest champion, Russian president Vladimir Putin. The more he criticizes Obama for wanting to mount military strikes against the Syrian government for gassing its own citizens, the more Putin's comments are cheered by conservatives here.

The newfound affection is downright bizarre considering Russia, and the former Soviet Union, has for decades been the epicenter of right wing suspicion and hostility; the proverbial Evil Empire. And in terms of the current debate regarding Syria, Putin is isolating himself from the international community. As USA Today noted this week, "Russian President Vladimir Putin's strident defense of a Syrian regime that has killed tens of thousands of its people in a civil war that has divided him from many world powers viewing Syria as a humanitarian disaster that demands intervention."

Putin's an outlier with very little international leverage or power. But because he's publicly opposing Obama he's treated as a right-wing folk hero in America. That's how deep the hatred for Obama runs in today's conservative media circles."

"Meanwhile on Fox News, hard-right military analyst Ralph Peters was in full Putin swoon mode yesterday, insisting that "the world is on Vladimir Putin's side about Syria." According to Peters: "He's a thug, but he's defending the Christians and the other minorities in Syria." "

lol! Republican patheticism writ large!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
What a dumbass

Nobody likes Putin but men actually respect another man who is actually leading their country with their country's interests in mind instead of blustery political grandstanding, back peddling and outright lying to cover your ass like a whiney little bitch.

.... but we can't expect you to understand that whole "be a man" thing

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
According to Peters: "He's a thug, but he's defending the Christians and the other minorities in Syria." "

lol! Republican patheticism writ large!
Good to know you think this is pathetic, and you and Obama would rather support and defend those killing OUR soldiers.

Somewhat backasswards don't you think? You'd think Putin would be the one supporting the people killing our troops.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nobody likes Putin but men actually respect another man who is actually leading their country with their country's interests in mind instead of blustery political grandstanding, back peddling and outright lying to cover your ass like a whiney little bitch.

.... but we can't expect you to understand that whole "be a man" thing

Putin is a bully. Where do we get this 'man' thing? His publicists pictures of him doing he man stuff and showing his bare chest?

Putin is KGB. That's 'bully'.

Just because our president is lame and weak doesn't elevate a guy who'd be all too happy for the return of the USSR as well as Soviet domination of all the little guys around them.

Putin's article is smug and condescending to ALL American's. Especailly his closing line about creation. Did he laugh out loud when his guy wrote that one?

I'd agree we are no longer exceptional. Far from it. But, we beat his KGB/USSR by being exceptional at one time and that was a good thing for the world. American exceptional-ism was only dangerous to thugs and bullys. Now, we're just dangerous to everybody, especially to ourselves.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Putin is a bully. Where do we get this 'man' thing? His publicists pictures of him doing he man stuff and showing his bare chest?

Here's where we get the prissy bitch thing

Attachments

• obama bike.jpg
    obama bike.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 21

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Putin is doing everything he can to improve Russia's image in the Mideast and the world.
Obama seems willing to start WWIII to cover his incompetent ass

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Putin is doing everything he can to improve Russia's image in the Mideast and the world.
Obama seems willing to start WWIII to cover his incompetent ass

Where are you getting the impression Obama is willing to go to war???

He has back pedaled his little bicycle so fast and so far on this thing, he's creating a vacuum behind him. Putin is merely filling it. Not by doing anything more, little more, than watching our President beat himself up.

:shrug:

There is, if anything, credit due to President Obama for being willing to be so roundly embarrassed rather than press for war. I hope he sticks to it. I hope he doesn't decide he's so shamed that he needs to kill some people to regain some face. His actions have elevated America, served the national interest, by reasserting the balance and separation of powers that make us great when we stick to them.

Now, again, I don't say this as though this is actually what Obama intended. A vain, narcissistic person doesn't suddenly become self sacrificing over night and, especially over such a non issue as Syria but, if his stumbles brought us back, and they did, he still gets SOME credit.

My hope now is that people like Krauthammer and Kristol either shut up or marginalize themselves so badly, I'll take the latter, that we stay on this better course and away from the utter failures of the neocon/world cop adventure.

:buddies:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I am, for sure, not arguing that my President is some sort of he man super guy.

:lol:

I am just arguing that Putin is not my idea of a 'guy guy'.

:yay: he's a thug and a bully but he's doing everything he can to embarrass and harass his rival and improve the image of his country.

Obama started with an world wide apology tour, bows to foreign heads of state and has a policy of "lead from behind"
WTF is lead from behind other then not leading, not deciding and showing the world you're a wimp?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:yay: he's a thug and a bully but he's doing everything he can to embarrass and harass his rival and improve the image of his country.

Obama started with an world wide apology tour, bows to foreign heads of state and has a policy of "lead from behind"
WTF is lead from behind other then not leading, not deciding and showing the world you're a wimp?

Right, and precisely because of what you say here, Putin isn't doing much of anything BECAUSE our President needed NO help in tripping himself up and then make it worse. It is what Obama has done from day one, starting with the Gates fiasco; "I don't know all the facts but, somehow, magically, because I want to believe this, I DO know the police acted stupidly."

If Putin is due any credit it is, one, not getting in the way when your opponent is busy taking himself out and, two, recognizing, long ago, that, hey "This guy is a community organizer and all that that entails. Not some great statesman in training."

Larry Gude

Strung Out
and that's what I admire, he's not an incompetent boob

How do you know that? Bullies compensate for incompetence all the time by use of brute force. That's what bullies and thugs do. Obama has a bit of that in him which is another reason to applaud him taking his beating...like a man.

Maybe what we're really saying that at least Putin isn't a boob?

GregV814

hey buttboy....ever hear of a "ultra liberal" commentator on the news networks? if "their political" agenda is so great why run from it?