OMFG, the EMISSIONS ARE GOING TO KILL US ALL

glhs837

Power with Control
Md. Emissions-Related Deaths Highest in U.S. - Southern Maryland Headline News

So, MIT, so you know it's gotta be good right? I kept wondering how the hell they calculated who died from emissions. Black lung, lead poisoning? As far as I can see, it's like that old Lancet study about civilians killed by the US in Iraq, where they didnt actually count dead bodies, they asked people, then added some sort of "Evil US Oppressor" multiplier and came out with a silly number.

Til I get to this line here, at which point I seriously just threw my hands up....

As part of the study, the researchers developed different models to look at the overall risk of emissions-related death for a particular region. But, Barrett said, it is impossible to tie the death of one individual directly to emissions.

Well, hell, what was the point of the freakin exercise? :cds:

GregV814

In Maryland we have a new money making industry. At the Helm is Martin O'Malley. Any grandstanding headline, fact or fiction means more money is needed to conduct research. Rick Perry...I hear ya man....

puggymom

So, MIT, so you know it's gotta be good right? I kept wondering how the hell they calculated who died from emissions. Black lung, lead poisoning? As far as I can see, it's like that old Lancet study about civilians killed by the US in Iraq, where they didnt actually count dead bodies, they asked people, then added some sort of "Evil US Oppressor" multiplier and came out with a silly number.

Til I get to this line here, at which point I seriously just threw my hands up....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... they asked people, then added some sort of "Evil US Oppressor" multiplier and came out with a silly number.

the same thing was done for second hand smoke ... extrapolating Black Lung affecting Coal Miners and Lung Cancer from miners exposed to RADON digging Uranium .....

:jameo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

This sounds eerily like the Radon gas study that Clem posted... Not one death can be directly linked nor is one case of cancer... but you better get it checked... or better yet require the government to come check and than require YOU to buy a radon remediation system..