Village People Cowboy Wedding

BOP

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2013-09-11.html

Americans unsure what to think about President Obama's plans for Syria should remember that all military action undertaken by Democrats for the last half-century has led to utter disaster. (With the possible exception of the Village People's "Y.M.C.A." video, which I say still holds up.)

RPMDAD

I remeber this

"After the enormous commercial success of their 1978 hit "Y.M.C.A." which unexpectedly became the unofficial hymn and powerful advertising tool for the YMCA, the group took on another national institution, the United States Navy. The Navy contacted group manager Henri Belolo to use the song in a recruiting advertising campaign for television and radio. Belolo gave the rights for free on the condition that the Navy help them shoot the music video. Less than a month later, Village People arrived at the San Diego Naval base where the Navy provided them with the USS Reasoner (FF-1063) warship, several aircraft, and the crew of the ship (with the stipulation that they couldn't dance). The Navy later canceled the campaign after protests erupted over using taxpayer money for a music video of a controversial group."

In the Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edinsomd

Back in my riding days a "certain" group would give me a grief about my attire- full face helmet, armor pants and jacket, boots and gloves- and call me a Power Ranger. OK, I'm a Power Ranger. WTF are you?

Attachments

• Village+People+VillagePeopleGuy.jpg
    Village+People+VillagePeopleGuy.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 36