Calvert County Scanner Status

frequentflier

happy to be living
Nothing further, I suppose? I hope nobody was hurt.

Unfortunately, I was away from the scanner for a few minutes and didn't hear anything else.
It sounded like it was in a residential neighborhood. They reported multiple shots fired.
Maybe someone else can update this? Hope they got the shooter and crushed his face into the cement. More than once.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scanner working fine.
A big fiasco at the Tiki Bar after midnight.
I think that every trooper and deputy this side of the Mississippi was there.

stormer41

I had to go back to radio shack to get it reprogrammed. The in store scanner was picking up Calvert, but mine was trying to. Nothing came on. Am getting some things, but I was told that my scanner might be on it's last legs. I'll deal with it til Dec, and get the Radio Shack digital model.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Sorry...will let dgates80 know...

Yeah yeah yeah. The scanner feed computer had a stroke. Seriously. Would not even power on. Replaced the power supply, no joy. I was stumped, was thinking that the motherboard had fried. Got pissed / frustrated, so I walked away.

Today I went back to work on it. Disconnected everything, pulled all the PCI cards out, reseated the memory. Nada. Had a motherboard laying around, decided to put that in. Unscrewed the mobo, decided to try one more time with the mobo out of the chassis... Wow... Life! Incrementally reassembled the machine, i think i found what i did wrong... The 4 pin power connector would fit two ways and of course I had it wrong. Luckily it did not seem to kill anything, how good is *that*? I suspect the OCZ Fatality Pro 600 watt PSU just died and everything else was all me.

Anyhoo... Scanner is back online. I think I am going to rehost the scanner onto another machine in the next couple of weeks. Maybe I will use an old laptop that FrequentFlier threw across the room and cracked the lid on... It still runs, it is just, um, cosmetically imperfect!

Don

dgates80

Land of the lost
Hi ya'll,

I am planning a short scanner outage for the Calvert scanner sometime in the next few days. I will be installing a new antenna and cable, and rehosting the scanner feed computer onto a dedicated machine. Shouldn't be down more than a few hours when I do this though. Just maintainence is all....

Don