Replacing a phone on a Verizon wireless monthly

sm8

I just want to say how awesome it would be if you could just go to a store, see the price you are going to pay for the phone. Pay the price you see on the sticker, hook the phone up and talk on it. I am trying to replace my dads phone. He is older with clumsy hands and not the best of eye sight so the touch screens do not work for him. The flip phones work well and he wants the phone in the pre pay box. I can not get him to understand Verizon wireless will not hook it up on the plan we have. The most similar one to the 20 dollar phone ends up being like 300 bucks by the time it is all said and done. And then to add insult to injury I have to pay 30 dollars to buy a new phone and when I asked why I was told it helps keep the prices of the phones lower. :eyebrow:

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I just want to say how awesome it would be if you could just go to a store, see the price you are going to pay for the phone. Pay the price you see on the sticker, hook the phone up and talk on it. I am trying to replace my dads phone. He is older with clumsy hands and not the best of eye sight so the touch screens do not work for him. The flip phones work well and he wants the phone in the pre pay box. I can not get him to understand Verizon wireless will not hook it up on the plan we have. The most similar one to the 20 dollar phone ends up being like 300 bucks by the time it is all said and done. And then to add insult to injury I have to pay 30 dollars to buy a new phone and when I asked why I was told it helps keep the prices of the phones lower. :eyebrow:

Try eBay. You can get it Really cheap.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
my Fiance bought her grandmother a flip phone off Amazon, it was like $60 shipped. It was a replacement for another flip phone, no issues getting it swapped out. They can be found even cheaper depending on what features you want.

bilbur

I remember a few months ago seeing a cell phone for old people. I think it was an infomercial but it was a flip phone that had big buttons and no other special features. Here is a link to Verizon's version of it but I think the one I saw had bigger buttons.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I remember a few months ago seeing a cell phone for old people. I think it was an infomercial but it was a flip phone that had big buttons and no other special features. Here is a link to Verizon's version of it but I think the one I saw had bigger buttons.

If grandpa belongs to AARP he has the magazine with advertisements for all sorts of 'old people' products including cheap cell phones with big buttons and big numbers.

nobody really

I need a nap
there was a phone for seniors and people with bad vision called "jitterbug". it looked practical and a good idea, big buttons, etc. I don't know anyone that has one, though.

C

czygvtwkr

Hmm with AT&T you can just buy one of their prepaid phones, stick your sim card in it and use it on your regular plan.

According to this site Activate cheap pre-paid phone to your active billed account | JasonN.com

you can, but only after the prepaid phone has been active for a certain amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

merc669

Mine's not bad...and really cheap and I added one for my mom for $7 per month on the family plan

I use Net10 (Owned by Tracphone or are partners). Spouse and me both have service with them and use the ATT Network. No major issues at all even when she worked down at the college for the tour groups there.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I, along with several others that I know, have tried to go that route but they have sucky coverage in St. Mary's.

Used one for years with no problem, costs about $5 a month.

.... but I use it for talking and texting, not as a hand held PC

sockgirl77

Used one for years with no problem, costs about $5 a month.

.... but I use it for talking and texting, not as a hand held PC

I guess the friends that I have that had them all had duds then, because they all complained about crappy service. Actually, a majority of my friends that have had any AT&T phone have had crappy service. :shrug:

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
When son broke his phone, Verizon said go to walmart and get a Verizon compatible phone and they'd activate it. :shrug: