John Kerry on guns, hunting and the 2nd ammendment

Sparx

John Kerry Strongly Supports Sportsmen’s Rights to Hunt and Fish

John Kerry is a Lifelong Hunter and Supports Sportsmen’s Rights – John Kerry is a strong supporter of sportsmen’s rights and is a lifelong hunter—learning the sport at a young age. Kerry, who remains an avid hunter, recently had his enjoyment of hunting described by a newspaper: “John Kerry eats dove. Even better, he shoots them. From behind the stalks of a Southern cornfield, he'll watch them flutter and dart, and fire. ‘You clean them. Let them hang. It takes three or four birds to have a meal,’ said the Massachusetts senator. ‘You might eat it at a picnic, cold roasted. I love dove.’ Dove, quail, duck, deer. Kerry described how to hunt and gut them, talking as he sliced through a steak at midnight after campaigning all day in Iowa for the Democratic presidential nomination.” [Hartford Courant, 7/9/03; Washington Post, 6/1/03]

Kerry Supports the Second Amendment & Will Defend Hunting Rights – John Kerry is a gun owner and he believes in the right to bear arms. During his announcement speech, Kerry emphasized his strong belief in the Second Amendment by saying bluntly: “I’m a hunter and I believe in the Second Amendment.” Additionally, Kerry has sad he will work to defend hunting rights. “I enjoy going hunting. I'm prepared to stand up and defend common sense on guns.” [Kerry Remarks at Mt. Pleasant, SC 9/2/03; ABC News, This Week with George Stephanopoulos, 11/10/02]

John Kerry Supports Greater Land Conservation for Hunting and Fishing – In the Senate, John Kerry has worked for greater conservation of land to allow for more hunting and fishing. Kerry cosponsored the “Conservation and Stewardship Act” to provide up to $5 million for land conservation and acquisition including increased space for hunting and fishing. Kerry has also supported the “Northern Forest Stewardship Act” to provide more forest acreage for sporting purposes. Finally, Kerry has voted for greater hunting opportunities on Federal land such as the large military installations with designated hunting zones. [106th Congress, S. 2181; 105th Congress, S. 546; 104th Congress, S. 1163; Senate Roll Call vote, 1999 #284]

John Kerry: On the Record for Hunters and Gun Owners

“John Kerry: Hunter, Dreamer, Realist” [Washington Post, 6/1/03]

John Kerry is a Hunter and Gun Owner: "I'm a hunter, I'm a gun owner [and] I believe in the Second Amendment.” [http://www.thebostonchannel.com/politics/2483936/detail.html]

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Sparx, here's some friendly advice--just give up on posting anything here that's pro-Kerry or pro-Democratic. You're just going to be laughed at. Even RRaley, who does a great job of sticking to the facts and the issues, has a hard time being taken seriously. As for me, I just don't like partisanship and team politics.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sparx

John Kerry is a Lifelong Hunter and Supports Sportsmen’s Rights –

Kerry emphasized his strong belief in the Second Amendment by saying bluntly: “I’m a hunter and I believe in the Second Amendment.” Additionally, Kerry has sad he will work to defend hunting rights. “
He's just playing on the sheeple. 2ndA has nothing to do with hunting rights.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
You don't have to read my posts if you don't like any of them.

It has nothing to do with whether I like or dislike your posts. Around here, Democrats are usually treated like the geeky kid on the playground with high-water pants and Coke-bottle glasses. You don't want the other Forumites picking on you and laughing at you, do you?

SamSpade

I don't "laugh" at Sparx's posts - I just don't bother reading them. Sparx hasn't shown much of a pattern other than starting threads, and possibly making one follow up. Not really worth discussing, really. Secondly, the follow up demonstrates very strong anti-Bush partisan ranting that never resembles discussion.

I'm reminded of something I shouted at a comedian when they frustratedly gasped "what have I gotta do to get a laugh out you people?". I shouted "say something *funny*!".

Sparx has to do two things to get participation - say something interesting, and say something *original*. Any fool can quote articles, and sooner or later, the forum mommy is gonna insist on links instead of whole quotes.

Otherwise there's no good reason to believe Sparx is a person instead of computer program.

Sparx

Originally posted by Tonio
It has nothing to do with whether I like or dislike your posts. Around here, Democrats are usually treated like the geeky kid on the playground with high-water pants and Coke-bottle glasses. You don't want the other Forumites picking on you and laughing at you, do you?

Here's my deal. I watched these boards for many weeks before I began posting. I read and read posts bashing any type of liberal viewpoint and just as you said, making fun of those who posted those points. Well, I'm not afraid to voice my opinions in any forum, internet or public. As far as being accused of posting and running, if I want a conversation I will go to a chat room. This is a message board and that's what I am posting messages. At my first post I was called a tard among other things before anyone knew a thing about me. So, as I said before, If you don't like anything I post, DON'T READ THEM!

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: Re: John Kerry on guns, hunting and the 2nd ammendment

Originally posted by Sharon
He's just playing on the sheeple. 2ndA has nothing to do with hunting rights.

It doesn't specify how the 2nd amendement should be interpreted either. Regardless of the reasoning, you should be happy he supports gun ownership if by some act of God (or would that be the devil) he becomes the next pres.

Man. Talk about a tough one for the family. If Kerry wins, knowing they weren't good enough to beat clinton or kerry. Christ, that family would be in therapy for years.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: John Kerry on guns, hunting and the 2nd ammendment

Originally posted by SmallTown
you should be happy he supports gun ownership

Was that on the flip or the flop? :biggrin:

SamSpade

So far, nobody is campaigning on an anti-gun platform. Even Gore wouldn't touch it in the last election for a very simple reason - he needed votes, because a LOT of Democrats have guns too.

I could care less how he feels about guns - today.

SurfaceTension

Re: Re: Re: John Kerry on guns, hunting and the 2nd ammendment

Originally posted by SmallTown
It doesn't specify how the 2nd amendement should be interpreted either.

Thought it did: in order to keep a well regulated militia....Militia, according to USC Title 10, includes all abled bodied males 17-45.

sifl

I'm not afraid to voice my opinions in any forum, internet or public.
Then why do you typically limit yourself to posting quoted material from other websites here? Those aren't your opinions.

Sparx

Originally posted by sifl
Then why do you typically limit yourself to posting quoted material from other websites here? Those aren't your opinions.

I post those I agree with, that makes them my opinion also. I don't have time to debate every everyone or every post.

B

Bruzilla

Kerry is always very, very, careful to focus on "hunter's rights" whenever he proclaims to support the 2nd Ammendment. If you ever hear him say "the rights of gun owners" or "the rights of shooters", mark it on your calendar 'cause that'll be a red letter day.

"Shooters" like Kerry sort of accept hunting rifles and shotguns, but want to ban pistols, revolvers, and everything else. That's not supporting the 2nd Ammendment.

Sparx

Originally posted by Bruzilla
Kerry is always very, very, careful to focus on "hunter's rights" whenever he proclaims to support the 2nd Ammendment. If you ever hear him say "the rights of gun owners" or "the rights of shooters", mark it on your calendar 'cause that'll be a red letter day.

"Shooters" like Kerry sort of accept hunting rifles and shotguns, but want to ban pistols, revolvers, and everything else. That's not supporting the 2nd Ammendment.

How about "supporting the right of Americans to own guns" I've heard him say that

B

Bruzilla

How about "supporting the right of Americans to own guns" I've heard him say that

Check the entire quote/statement. I guarantee you that he prefaces it with a qualifier like "I am a hunter" or "I support hunting", etc., or he'll follow it up with a comment about hunting.

In gun control-speak, it's ok to say you support gun ownership if you phrase it in terms of hunting arms (rifles and shotguns.) That's why Kerry and all the other anti-gun types always make mention of "hunting" when they talk about gun rights.

rraley

Kerry supports a national registration law for all guns...referring to his hunting is just a way for him to get around the simple fact that he's a liberal on gun rights.

B

Bruzilla

Beware of Liberals wearing hunter orange. We got bit by the 1985 NFA when we were told the government would oinely ever ban selective-fire weapons and that semi-automatic assault weapons and hunting arms would always be protected. Then came the NFA of 1994 and it's goodbye to semi-auto assault rifles, but hunting arms will be protected. You can imagine what a Kerry-inspired 2006 NFA would look like.