US and Russia reach agreement...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
...in Syria weapons talks

Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov have reached an agreement on a framework for securing Syria's chemical weapons on the third day of intense negotiations in Geneva.

They say some elements of the deal include a timetable and how Syria must comply -- and that if Syria fails, they will seek a Security Council resolution that could authorize military action.

At a news conference Saturday, Kerry said the pair and their teams of experts had reached "a shared assessment" of the existing stockpile and that Syria must destroy all of its weapons.

Read more: US and Russia reach agreement in Syria weapons talks | Fox News

So, I wonder how much time they get to do this. I just don't see this going very well.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

So, I wonder how much time they get to do this. I just don't see this going very well.

Why?

It's already going fabulously. The executive in the US just got knocked back into a more proper check and balance role with the congress. Huge PLUS.

We haven't attacked, officially, Syria so, at least for now, one less war we're part of.

I mean, I am concerned how it will manifest itself with Kerry and Obama trying to find some way to salve their egos in this and get to kill some people and break some stuff but, ideally, this will become such an enormous cluster#### where Assad is constantly doing just enough to keep our leaders boxed into their own rhetoric for years.

I am hoping to hear Assad start complaining he is doing stuff but, that there are so many CIA agents running around his country, effectively helping 'outside' agents and it's making it impossible for him to comply that we are forced to actually pull back. Out.

:buddies:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You know through all of this all we talked about was bombing and killing people.. if we think chemical weapons are an issue why aren't we shipping pro-masks and protective gear over by the shipful instead of MORE weapons.. we could actually save a life or two IF this is really an issue.

Which brings me to the belief they know chemical weapons really AREN'T an issue.