War in Syria Planned Many Yrs Ago; The Real Reason

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
If we believe General Wesley Clark, and I do, this proposed war in Syria was planned at least as far back as 2001, probably sooner:

Transcript:

Because I had been through the Pentagon right after 9/11. About ten days after 9/11, I went through the Pentagon and I saw Secretary Rumsfeld and Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. I went downstairs just to say hello to some of the people on the Joint Staff who used to work for me, and one of the generals called me in. He said, “Sir, you’ve got to come in and talk to me a second.” I said, “Well, you’re too busy.” He said, “No, no.” He says, “We’ve made the decision we’re going to war with Iraq.” This was on or about the 20th of September. I said, “We’re going to war with Iraq? Why?” He said, “I don’t know.” He said, “I guess they don’t know what else to do.” So I said, “Well, did they find some information connecting Saddam to al-Qaeda?” He said, “No, no.” He says, “There’s nothing new that way. They just made the decision to go to war with Iraq.” He said, “I guess it’s like we don’t know what to do about terrorists, but we’ve got a good military and we can take down governments.” And he said, “I guess if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem has to look like a nail.”

So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said, “Are we still going to war with Iraq?” And he said, “Oh, it’s worse than that.” He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said, “I just got this down from upstairs” — meaning the Secretary of Defense’s office — “today.” And he said, “This is a memo that describes how we’re going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran.” I said, “Is it classified?” He said, “Yes, sir.” I said, “Well, don’t show it to me.” And I saw him a year or so ago, and I said, “You remember that?” He said, “Sir, I didn’t show you that memo! I didn’t show it to you!”
Then we move to William Engdahl who elegantly explains what is really going on. I've found Engdahl to be a brilliant analyst of GeoPolitics and he excels at putting all of the pieces together. This also helps explain why Putin is so involved in this. His comments about abiotic oil at the end are also worthy of note.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
I too am persuaded by Gen. Clark's words, and have been for many years.

It's totally plausible that this game plan survived through two different presidents, since they are mere puppets, and don't really call the shots.

I'm guessing CIA assets started this civil war to create a power vacuum so that we can influence who might run the next government, as they'll probably be more amenable to playing ball.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's totally plausible that this game plan survived through two different presidents, since they are mere puppets, and don't really call the shots.

I'm guessing CIA assets started this civil war to create a power vacuum

:shocking:

then who is / are the Puppet Master(s)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nothing to see here, folks. This is what some departments in government do; plan wars. We have a plan to beat China and when it would be best, or worse, to do so. We have a plan to beat Russia, Cuba, Great Britain, you name it. We had a plan to beat us in 1938, IIRC, that centered around pretty much the exact attack Japan put on Pearl Harbor.

All this stuff takes into account geo politics, economics, militaries, moral and the people, religion, you name it. Theirs and ours. And allies and potential allies and potential enemies.

It is up to Presidents and congress to decide what and when so, don't let them off the hook, one little bit.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Glenn Beck and Alex Jones are part of Operation Mocking bird

I hope you are serious. I have figured that for years.

What better way to discredit skeptics (aka conspiracy theorists) than to put a pair of certifiable nut jobs like these two on the case.

Did you see AJ "debate" that weirdo who replaced Larry King on CNN (can't think of his name just now) about gun control? He was put there to make the pro 2A crowd look bad. And he did so quite handily.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Did you see AJ "debate" that weirdo who replaced Larry King on CNN (can't think of his name just now) about gun control? He was put there to make the pro 2A crowd look bad. And he did so quite handily.

I WAS Joking, but I did breeze though some :crazy: blogs researching David's premise this morning .... still die-jesting the information

I do not watch CNN so I don't know who replaced Larry King ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
is this why Clark was outed a few months ago ?

or is he talking because he was outed ?

:shrug:

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
is this why Clark was outed a few months ago ?

or is he talking because he was outed ?

:shrug:

I am not sure of this outing of which you speak, but Clark gave this interview a few years ago, I am pretty sure. I became aware of it at least three years-ish ago.

I know he's fallen out of disfavor in Washington inner-circles. Not sure if that's because he's speaking truth to power or because they want to paint him as having gone off the rails, and therefore discredit what he's sharing.

You do have to admit with some of the countries that have "fallen" of late, there is an uncanny resemblance to his list of 7.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I am not sure of this outing of which you speak, but Clark gave this interview a few years ago, I am pretty sure.

I was thinking of Petraus had his scandals :mybad:

and yes the list does, but it also fits that list of alleged countries getting off of the Dollar as a Reserve Currency for OIL