GOP ‘Man Crush’ on Putin

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original source/video.

"Fox News’ Eric Bolling may prefer shirtless, gun-toting Vladimir Putin to the fully-clothed, bike-riding Barack Obama, but according to Rachel Maddow, there’s another reason why conservatives are flocking to the Russian president. On her show Friday night, Maddow revealed that an anti-gay rights group called The World Congress of Families will be hosting their 2014 meeting at the Kremlin in Russia.

As Putin’s “becoming a hero to literally fascist groups in Europe for him being super anti-gay,” Maddow explained, “Vladimir Putin, and Russia under Putin are also becoming kind of a north star for anti-gay forces here at home in the United States.” Some on the Christian right are even suggesting that one Russia passed anti-gay laws, “people from the west would begin to emigrate to Russia the same way russians used to emigrate to the United States and Europe. American conservatives should move to Russia.”

But, as Maddow said, those extreme conservatives were “just ahead of their time.” Following Putin’s scathing op-ed in The New York Times, the rest of the right have chosen him to be their “new hero.”

“It is not just the far, far, far right, anti-gay right anymore,” Maddow said. “It is the right in general. Both in Congress and in the conservative media peanut gallery, who have decided real Americans should show how much they love our country by maybe moving to Russia. Because Vladimir Putin is the kind of strong and decisive leader that we want and we love.”

After playing a montage of conservatives praising Putin this week, she compared it to the “NC-17″-style love they used to feel for Sarah Palin. But unlike Palin, or President Ronald Reagan, Maddow told the right that Putin is “not that into you.”

“Seriously, I know you guys hate President Obama, so it feels good to have a man crush on somebody else,” Maddow concluded, “but this guy is a president of Russia. Zip it up, you guys, seriously. Have some respect.” "

Attachments

• l-2299.jpg
    l-2299.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 59

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Maddcow just hates facts. Obama was played by Putin and the left hates it that folks point out the obvious facts. There is no love involved. Facts are facts, unless you're a Progressive Flo.

CrashTest

Maddcow just hates facts. Obama was played by Putin and the left hates it that folks point out the obvious facts. There is no love involved. Facts are facts, unless you're a Progressive Flo.

The world sees that and knows that folks like Madcow are still going to grab at racism and homophobia straws since their guy got pwnd. It's all they have left.

:cds:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Link to original source/video.

"Fox News’ Eric Bolling may prefer shirtless, gun-toting Vladimir Putin to the fully-clothed, bike-riding Barack Obama, but according to Rachel Maddow, there’s another reason why conservatives are flocking to the Russian president. On her show Friday night, Maddow revealed that an anti-gay rights group called The World Congress of Families will be hosting their 2014 meeting at the Kremlin in Russia.

As Putin’s “becoming a hero to literally fascist groups in Europe for him being super anti-gay,” Maddow explained, “Vladimir Putin, and Russia under Putin are also becoming kind of a north star for anti-gay forces here at home in the United States.” Some on the Christian right are even suggesting that one Russia passed anti-gay laws, “people from the west would begin to emigrate to Russia the same way russians used to emigrate to the United States and Europe. American conservatives should move to Russia.”

But, as Maddow said, those extreme conservatives were “just ahead of their time.” Following Putin’s scathing op-ed in The New York Times, the rest of the right have chosen him to be their “new hero.”

“It is not just the far, far, far right, anti-gay right anymore,” Maddow said. “It is the right in general. Both in Congress and in the conservative media peanut gallery, who have decided real Americans should show how much they love our country by maybe moving to Russia. Because Vladimir Putin is the kind of strong and decisive leader that we want and we love.”

After playing a montage of conservatives praising Putin this week, she compared it to the “NC-17″-style love they used to feel for Sarah Palin. But unlike Palin, or President Ronald Reagan, Maddow told the right that Putin is “not that into you.”

“Seriously, I know you guys hate President Obama, so it feels good to have a man crush on somebody else,” Maddow concluded, “but this guy is a president of Russia. Zip it up, you guys, seriously. Have some respect.” "

Funny, I thought we were talking about Syria... and they turned Into a gay discussion.. so people's lifestyle choices are more important to the liberal morons than gas and chemical attacks and hundreds of thousands of dead Syrians.. how humanitarian of them.

SamSpade

How in the heck does she reach for this? Conservatives have historically both lampooned Putin for his staged photo ops and his histrionics and criticized him.

They are however embarrassed that the Nobel Peace Prize winner and leader of our nation has been upstaged by a former KGB head.

SamSpade

Moscow bans Gays, Conservatives are against Ghey Marriage

Putin must be the GOP's new BFF

Since when? I don't have a problem with it. By that reasoning, conservatives love Islam too, since Muslims execute them.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
This entire thread is based on the fact conservatives don't like Moochelle's fat ass????

I personally think Barry had her artificially inserminated (pun intended), as there isn't anyone that ugly in Chitown to lay down next to.

bcp

In My Opinion
I don't think it fair to say that the man crush is homosexual in nature,
But I agree, we are just a tad jealous that for the first time in history, Russia has a President that is a man, and we have,, Well, we have this

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg