Hoyer's Response to my "no" to Syria

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
Here is what our Congressman wrote back to me with via email after I went to his site stating that I opposed US Military Action in Syria. I told the Congressman I felt this was a United Nation Human Rights Violation Issue and should be addressed by the UN and not by the US Military by itself. His response (as cut and pasted):

September 9, 2013
Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on potential military intervention in Syria. I certainly appreciate your taking the time to make me aware of your concerns about this important matter.

The repeated use of chemical weapons by the Syrian government against its own people is an appalling and blatant violation of international laws and abuse of human rights that cannot be tolerated and must be condemned. Those responsible must be held accountable by the community of nations. Additionally, I continue to be concerned about the involvement of Iran and Hezbollah in supporting the Assad regime's attacks against Syrian communities.

I support the President's call for authorizing limited but decisive military action in response to the Assad regime's use of chemical weapons in Syria, and I appreciate the President's determination that Congress, as the people's representatives, must be part of the decision on how to move forward. While recognizing that the details of the authorization language have yet to be finalized, the use of chemical weapons, including against innocent children, is intolerable and cannot go unanswered. As the world's leading democracy, as a defender of justice and human rights, and as a cosignatory of the Chemical Weapons Convention, it is essential that the United States respond in a way that will effectively deter the further use of these deadly weapons by the Assad regime and substantially degrade their capability to employ such weapons again.

The decision to support military action is one of the hardest ones we make as Members of Congress. Ultimately, I believe we must do what is in the best interest of the national security of the United States. I value the input and opinions from my constituents in Maryland's Fifth District and you can be sure that they will be a part of my decision when legislation is considered by the full House of Representatives on this issue.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. I encourage you to visit my website at Congressman Steny Hoyer . While there, you can sign up for the Hoyer Herald , access my voting record, and get information about important public issues. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kindest regards, I am

Sincerely yours,
Steny Hoyer (his signature in jpg format)

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It's better than what I got. I guess I emailed too early in the process for them to change their standard bs generic response.

Hoyer is a piece of crap politician. He needs to go.

bcp

In My Opinion
I called his office last week,
I am supposed to be getting a response in the mail from him, or most likely from whoever it is that writes his responses without him having a clue.

MR47930

You gotta love the use of "I"..."I support the President's call for authorizing limited but decisive military action"..."I appreciate the President's determination that Congress, as the people's representatives, must be part of the decision on how to move forward"..."I believe we must do what is in the best interest of the national security of the United States."

And then heres the kicker, which totally goes against everything he just stated.

"I value the input and opinions from my constituents in Maryland's Fifth District and you can be sure that they will be a part of my decision when legislation is considered by the full House of Representatives on this issue."

He should of just said "I hear what you're saying, but I dont give a damn."

h3mech

Here is what our Congressman wrote back to me with via email after I went to his site stating that I opposed US Military Action in Syria. I told the Congressman I felt this was a United Nation Human Rights Violation Issue and should be addressed by the UN and not by the US Military by itself. His response (as cut and pasted):

September 9, 2013
Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on potential military intervention in Syria. I certainly appreciate your taking the time to make me aware of your concerns about this important matter.

The repeated use of chemical weapons by the Syrian government against its own people is an appalling and blatant violation of international laws and abuse of human rights that cannot be tolerated and must be condemned. Those responsible must be held accountable by the community of nations. Additionally, I continue to be concerned about the involvement of Iran and Hezbollah in supporting the Assad regime's attacks against Syrian communities.

I support the President's call for authorizing limited but decisive military action in response to the Assad regime's use of chemical weapons in Syria, and I appreciate the President's determination that Congress, as the people's representatives, must be part of the decision on how to move forward. While recognizing that the details of the authorization language have yet to be finalized, the use of chemical weapons, including against innocent children, is intolerable and cannot go unanswered. As the world's leading democracy, as a defender of justice and human rights, and as a cosignatory of the Chemical Weapons Convention, it is essential that the United States respond in a way that will effectively deter the further use of these deadly weapons by the Assad regime and substantially degrade their capability to employ such weapons again.

The decision to support military action is one of the hardest ones we make as Members of Congress. Ultimately, I believe we must do what is in the best interest of the national security of the United States. I value the input and opinions from my constituents in Maryland's Fifth District and you can be sure that they will be a part of my decision when legislation is considered by the full House of Representatives on this issue.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. I encourage you to visit my website at Congressman Steny Hoyer . While there, you can sign up for the Hoyer Herald , access my voting record, and get information about important public issues. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely yours,
Steny Hoyer (his signature in jpg format)

i got the same boiler plate letter from him, so my no means nothing

Toxick

Splat
I value the input and opinions from my constituents in Maryland's Fifth District and you can be sure that they will be a part of my decision when legislation is considered by the full House of Representatives on this issue.

I was going to post my satirical Hoyer response form letter.

But the above piece of crap spells it out way better than any satire I could come up with.

SamSpade

You may notice that the letter really doesn't address anything the sender may or may not say or think about Syria. So it's pretty much a standard response.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You mean my response was not a true and genuine personal response to my letter. :drama:

Dear Mr. kom526

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. I encourage you to visit my website at Congressman Steny Hoyer. While there, you can sign up for the Hoyer Herald, access my voting record, and get information about important public issues. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

Steny H. Hoyer

C

czygvtwkr

It's better than what I got. I guess I emailed too early in the process for them to change their standard bs generic response.

Hoyer is a piece of crap politician. He needs to go.

I saw him eating in Nicolettis a while back, hoping he got whatever had extra boogers in it.

Vince

Hoyer votes the way "he" believes, not his constituients. Look at the stimulus package and his vote on that. Everyone wanted a "no" vote, but Steny voted the way he wanted to vote. Obama's yes man.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Hoyer votes the way "he" believes, not his constituients. Look at the stimulus package and his vote on that. Everyone wanted a "no" vote, but Steny voted the way he wanted to vote. Obama's yes man.

That's what representative government means, if you don't like it we'll have to install yes/no buttons in every residence and go with "true" democracy.