Security@ Navy Yard was lax because of budget cuts

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Exclusive: Navy Yard Dropped Its Guard, Pentagon Inspector General Says | TIME.com

A soon-to-be-released government audit says the Navy, in an attempt to reduce costs, let down its guard to risks posed by outside contractors at the Washington Navy Yard and other facilities, a federal official with access to the report tells TIME.

The Navy “did not effectively mitigate access-control risks associated with contractor-installation access” at Navy Yard and other Navy installations, the report by the Department of Defense Inspector General’s office says. Parts of the audit were read to TIME by a federal official with access to the document.

The risks resulted from an attempt by Navy officials “to reduce access-control costs,” the report finds.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The risks resulted from an attempt by Navy officials “to reduce access-control costs,” the report finds.

In 30 years in the military, I have never known an Inspector General to render an opinion on the same day as the event that prompted the inspection. Must have sped up the opinion because of the Sequester, huh?

mudpuddle

Exclusive: Navy Yard Dropped Its Guard, Pentagon Inspector General Says | TIME.com

A soon-to-be-released government audit says the Navy, in an attempt to reduce costs, let down its guard to risks posed by outside contractors at the Washington Navy Yard and other facilities, a federal official with access to the report tells TIME.

The Navy “did not effectively mitigate access-control risks associated with contractor-installation access” at Navy Yard and other Navy installations, the report by the Department of Defense Inspector General’s office says. Parts of the audit were read to TIME by a federal official with access to the document.

I'm glad this article was published! It should be interesting when they come out with the audit.
People have to understand that you can not have cuts in spending, and expect things to go on and be the same as when before the cuts!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hoshko said he and other contracting firms rely on the military to approve the security clearances of their employees, and fears that budget crunches have led to faster and less thorough checks.

wasn't there an article recently about FRAUD in the background process ie the companies hired to do the investigation were not doing a through JOB

Pete

Repete
Let the head hunt begin!!

Funny, when I am doing a job interview I don't think I am allowed to ask if they have criminal convictions. Something about violating their rights.

Pete

Repete
Contractor would not have hired Aaron Alexis if past brushes with law had been known - The Washington Post

Hoshko said he and other contracting firms rely on the military to approve the security clearances of their employees, and fears that budget crunches have led to faster and less thorough checks.

The news is now looking for a scapegoat and HP is first in the crosshairs. Questions like "Why did HP grant him a clearance?" Funny.

Another good question is how did he get into the USNR with a criminal record? How was his interim clearance granted if they didn't at least do a background check for criminal arrests?

What is going ot happen is they are going to tighten the screws on clearances now so it takes a year to get one because of this one incident.

Let the head hunt begin!!

Funny, when I am doing a job interview I don't think I am allowed to ask if they have criminal convictions. Something about violating their rights.
You are allowed to ask them if they are being treated for mental illness AFTER you've offered them a job and... "the job offer cannot be rescinded because you have been treated for mental illness, even if the employer feels the condition would hinder your job performance."

What is Your Mental Health History?

The employer formally offering you a position is able to ask if you are or have been treated for a mental illness or condition of any kind. The job offer cannot be rescinded because you have been treated for mental illness, even if the employer feels the condition would hinder your job performance. However, if your illness is not properly medicated or handled, the employer has the right to withdraw an employment offer if you pose a significant risk to yourself or others as a result.

Read more: Health Questions an Employer Can Ask | eHow

nomoney

Contractor would not have hired Aaron Alexis if past brushes with law had been known - The Washington Post

someone on this forum found his booking pic within 5 min of the name being released. Are you telling me a computer company doesn't have someone efficient in doing simple google? :lol:

F

FngBng

someone on this forum found his booking pic within 5 min of the name being released. Are you telling me a computer company doesn't have someone efficient in doing simple google? :lol:

He was black, that would be racial profiling.

BOP

In 30 years in the military, I have never known an Inspector General to render an opinion on the same day as the event that prompted the inspection. Must have sped up the opinion because of the Sequester, huh?

Gee...sounds like a pre-planned, canned response. That would never happen with this administration. Must be a coinky-dink. :whistle:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What is Your Mental Health History?

they way doctors throw pills at people these day

.... oh I see here on your back ground check, you took Prozac from 2003 - 2005, sorry we do not have a JOB for you .....