Bitten by a Black Widow Spider

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/science/dancing-with-black-widows.html?_r=1&

I donned the shoes before walking to the edge of the water. Within about a dozen steps, I felt a stinging sensation on the second toe of my left foot, as if there had been a thorn inside the shoe. Then the pain increased to about that of a wasp’s sting. I sat on a rock and removed the shoe. The squashed remains of a spider were smeared across the insole. I realized instantly what must have happened: a black widow from the porch had made its home in my shoe.

For a long moment, I stared at my throbbing toe and wondered what to do....

I lay on my back with my teeth clenched and my hands gripping the sides of a hospital bed. A crowd of strangers in white coats filled the tiny room. Waves of pain lapped from my abdomen into my chest as the venom worked its way toward my heart.

NextJen

Raisin cane
My mother used to say you should clap your shoes together before you put them on in case there is anything curled up or hiding in them.

I always thought that if a spider is in there they may not come running out after you clapped the shoes together. As a matter of fact, you may have just made the spider mad and disoriented and it is for sure going to bite you before you have a chance to squish it with your toes because now you've put it on high alert that something is happening!

Oh. My. Goddddddd avatar29956_50.gif

corollinout

Been there. 103.4 temp for about 4 days. Pain all over, It sucked. Still managed to work the day after, it was 99 degrees out and I had to wear a jacket and was still cold.

mamatutu

mama to two
Been there. 103.4 temp for about 4 days. Pain all over, It sucked. Still managed to work the day after, it was 99 degrees out and I had to wear a jacket and was still cold.

Shudder! Glad you survived! My next door neighbor's son had the same thing happen; shoes left out on the deck. Is that what happened to you? Did you get the antivenom? Oh, and that is no excuse that you haven't posted your awesome photos, lately! :lol:

corollinout

Sorry, been busy working around the house. Did take a day trip to Harpers Ferry so I may post a couple of those.

I was bit in a crawl space, no doctor visit, just fought it. I don't go to doctors unless I absolutely need to.