5 Republicans Calling BS On Ted Cruz’s Plot.......

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original source.

"Let’s start with a reminder: Defunding Obamacare won’t stop Obamacare.

For President Obama’s signature legislative achievement to go away, both houses of Congress must pass a bill… that he agrees to sign. Or the president will have to refuse to enforce the law completely, using a tactic like the waivers for all 50 states that Mitt Romney promised during the campaign.

In short, to stop Obamacare, you need Obama’s help. And that’s never going to happen.

Ted Cruz (R-TX) — with some help from Mike Lee (R-UT) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) — has been lying to the GOP base for months, saying that a grassroots “tsunami” could convince Republican leaders to shut down the government or default on our debt for so long that the president will give in and abandon the law that now bears his name… a law he likely considers the greatest accomplishment of his presidency.

Cruz hasn’t triggered a tidal wave. His repeal effort is far less popular than Obamacare — but it’s extremely popular with the one group that matters most to House Republicans: primary voters.

Thus this suicide pact has become one hell of a fundraising scheme.

The Washington Post’s Ezra Klein describes the GOP’s predicament in two sentences: “It would be a disaster for the party to shut down the government over Obamacare. But it’s good for every individual Republican politician to support shutting down the government over Obamacare.”

That’s why House Republicans — with less than two weeks to go before a potential government shutdown — are embracing Cruz’s tactics completely.

Well, not every individual Republican is pretending to buy into Cruz’s plot. Some rational Republicans — or the “surrender caucus,” as Cruz calls them — see that the plan is doomed and are saying so.

Here are five Republicans who are calling BS on Ted Cruz’s very profitable “Defund Obamacare” gambit. " ......

bcp

In My Opinion
biggest problem I see with a total shutdown is that the welfare crowd might have to actually start working for a living.
not really a problem

Shut it down, if it stops obamacare, I save money and live better.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If it's as bad as they say it is, support it, whole heartedly..

Come out and say "We're going to support this as is, as the President needs our support in these trying times! He's the first Black President, a Nobel Prize winner and deserves the benefit of the doubt and our support."

Then when the catastrophy hits, and reality sets in, THEN we can move to get rid of it.

"We tried, we put our trust in the President, we really believed he knew what he was doing, and was looking out for the children. Apparently neither were true and we need to fix it!"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
1. The GOP lead House passes a continuing resolution including the end of Obamacare

2. The D controlled Senate then faces the twin political suicide of voting it down AND protecting Obamacare

3. Whatever fall out there is from a shutdown, keeping in mind that the Newt lead one produced an enormous 'ho-hum' as the sun actually came up the next day absent the tender mercies of the federal government in full roar, AND Senate D's get to defend the ongoing atrocious effects of Obamacare heading into next falls elections which, for all intents and purposes, will start with this issue.

3b, the Senate D's honor their constituents and common sense and pass the House resolution because Obama ain't facing no more elections, they are, plus, he hasn't done a damn thing for them anyway and then...

4. One man and his vanity stands between funding the government and ending an awful program.

THAT is what is going on here.

NextJen

Raisin cane
If it's as bad as they say it is, support it, whole heartedly..

Come out and say "We're going to support this as is, as the President needs our support in these trying times! He's the first Black President, a Nobel Prize winner and deserves the benefit of the doubt and our support."

Then when the catastrophy hits, and reality sets in, THEN we can move to get rid of it.

"We tried, we put our trust in the President, we really believed he knew what he was doing, and was looking out for the children. Apparently neither were true and we need to fix it!"

I understand what you are saying in principle, but once a government program gets started, it never ends.

bcp

In My Opinion
I understand what you are saying in principle, but once a government program gets started, it never ends.

It hasnt even started yet, and wait,
come elections all we are going the hear from the democrats is how the republicans want to take away your right to free health care. (something that is not a right) and how the children (because its always children) will be dying in the streets due to lack of affordable care.

it will be fought as though the welfarecare has been operating since Jesus first walked the earth.