Warning from AFGE about Gov Shutdown

C

czygvtwkr

Of course they had to make it political

IMPORTANT: This information should not be downloaded using government equipment, read during duty time, or sent to others using government equipment, because it suggests action to be taken in support of and/or against legislation. Do not list your government email or government address in filling out this message, and do not use a government provided phone for this action.

Unthinkable but entirely possible.

Over a dozen Senators and eighty Representatives are pushing for a scenario that should be unthinkable: they want to use a government shutdown as leverage to enact an extreme, right-wing agenda that includes continuing the Sequester for the next nine years. And these folks are picking up more support every day.

A government shutdown – which could happen as soon as Tuesday, October 1 - would be disastrous. And continuing the Sequester is just plain wrong for America: Your jobs are on the line. The strength of our economic recovery is on the line. Government's ability to make people's lives better is in jeopardy.

We need to create the political will in Washington to confront our problems responsibly. Let's work together right now to send that message. Please help us send that message to Congress right now. AFGE

Demand that lawmakers Stop the Sequester and Stop Threatening to Shut Down the Government if they don't get their way.AFGE

Every elected official has his or her own favored policy positions. But if folks dig in their heels and threaten to seriously damage America if every one of their demands isn't met, our government can't function. In fact, nothing could be more irresponsible.

This isn't a game of chicken. It's governing. When there are problems with our laws, individual representatives need to work together to fix them.

Please add your name to our message to Congress demanding an end to the Sequester and the dangerous shutdown threats..AFGE

In Solidarity,
J. David Cox, Sr.
President, AFGE

Click below to read the full message:
http://salsa.afge.org/o/4043/t/0/blastContent.jsp?email_blast_KEY=161565

For the latest updates on your pension, pay, budget cuts, and other news, text "NoCuts" on your personal phone to 225-568, or sign up online:
http://salsa.afge.org/p/salsa/web/common/public/content?content_item_KEY=9234

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Over a dozen Senators and eighty Representatives are pushing for a scenario that should be unthinkable: they want to use a government shutdown as leverage to enact an extreme, right-wing agenda that includes continuing the Sequester for the next nine years. And these folks are picking up more support every day.

How exactly would they accomplish this feat?

Beta

Smile!
How exactly would they accomplish this feat?

The sequestration is 10 years. By being unwilling to pass any sort of budget, sequestration continues for another 9 years. That's how.

Other than the "right-wing agenda" stuff in that top message, I agree -- both sides are being stupid and are very poorly representing our country. We need bipartisan politics right now. These idiots in Congress need to start working together to come up with something reasonable. And if they can't get exactly what they want, they should come up somewhere in the middle. I'd think 9 years of slowly getting what you want (or possibly speeding things up after an election cycle) is better than government shutdowns and sequestration, but who knows, that's just me.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
The sequestration is 10 years. By being unwilling to pass any sort of budget, sequestration continues for another 9 years. That's how.

Other than the "right-wing agenda" stuff in that top message, I agree -- both sides are being stupid and are very poorly representing our country. We need bipartisan politics right now. These idiots in Congress need to start working together to come up with something reasonable. And if they can't get exactly what they want, they should come up somewhere in the middle. I'd think 9 years of slowly getting what you want (or possibly speeding things up after an election cycle) is better than government shutdowns and sequestration, but who knows, that's just me.

Where has Dingy Hairy's budget been hiding the last four years?