Another Clueless Politician

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Violent games have 'corrosive effect', warns Nick Clegg

UK deputy prime minister Nick Clegg has warned about the corrosive effect of violent video games in the wake of the recent Navy Yard shooting in the United States.

The Liberal Democrat leader and deputy to Conservative PM David Cameron was commenting on his LBC Radio phone-in show. Reports questioned the gaming habits of the shooter at the Navy Yard in Washington D.C. (though he also apparently heard voices in his head...) following the latest gun-related tragedy to blight the United States.

"These games can have an incredibly powerful effect, and I expect in some cases a corrosive effect, on someone's behaviour," said Clegg.

"They occupy a hermetically sealed world of their own and that can have a very detrimental effect."

Typical of a politician, Clegg offered absolutely no evidence for his statement.

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

BOP

And to celebrate, I'm going to dedicate this next round of Splinter Cell: Black List to the MP.

:buddies:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Not familiar with XCOM...good stuff?

the orginal xcom series was a 2d isomorphic turn based game .....

the latest is more of an FPS ... but you do control your squad mates actions ... it was pretty intense

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I've seen people get more violent from playing candy crush than I have playing the shoot 'em up games.