Republicans cornered in anti-Obamacare scheme

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"House Republicans said they’d do exactly what Sens. Ted Cruz from Texas and Mike Lee from Utah goaded them to do—vote for a budget that defunds Obamacare, a move that would effectively shut down the government—only to find that Cruz and Lee were jumping ship.

“All summer long as these ads have been running, as they’ve been holding town halls and raising money, we’ve kept a lid on our anger in the House as we were the punching bag and bullied by some of these Senate conservatives,” Republican Rep. Sean Duffy said on Morning Joe. “What I see happening now is people coming out and calling them out for the hypocrisy of these big, tough conservatives who know how to fight but will never get in the ring.”

"Duffy said he knows shutting down the government is a bad idea.

“If we shut the government down we’re not on the side of Americans,” he said, but believes it’s a fire worth playing with, in hopes of motivating the president to negotiate.

“That is what Ted Cruz is trying to desperately to do and I think he’s in a corner,” Scarborough concluded. "

After months of leading the charge to defund Obamacare through the budget, Lee and Cruz are backing away from their own plan.

“Shutdowns are bad, shutdowns are not worth it, this law is not worth causing a shut down over,” Lee said at a press conference on Thursday, just a day after House Speaker John Boehner caved to Tea Party demands to pass a continuing resolution that would keep the government running only if Obamacare’s funds were dismantled. Duffy will vote to defund the healthcare law, joining dozens of House colleagues who had been publicly bullied for months by senators and ads urging them to defund the healthcare law.

The Senate Conservatives Fund has been paying for ads—some of them even staring Cruz and Lee—prodding Republicans into voting to defund the bill.

“And then the House does exactly what they say they should do and then they surrender!” Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough said with exasperation.

Conservatives responded viciously, calling Cruz an amateur. (“They’re not the only one saying that,” Scarborough said.)

“I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton but I can count,” Tennessee Republican Sen. Bob Corker tweeted, dissing Cruz who attended both institutions. "

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
"House Republicans said they’d do exactly what Sens. Ted Cruz from Texas and Mike Lee from Utah goaded them to do—vote for a budget that defunds Obamacare, a move that would effectively shut down the government "

and there's the big lie

It would actually fully fund the government with the exception of funding Obama care and the destruction of our economy.

bcp

In My Opinion
so once again, the democrats are going to shut down government?
I guess since most of their voters dont work this cant be an issue.