235 through Wildewood Area

With all of this new stuff going in, are there any plans to expand 235 to three lanes plus a turn lane through airport road? The current work looks like it is only adding a turn lane into and out of the new center. I am afraid this will be completely inadequate. Why not do it right the first time?

BOP

No; don't be silly. We're dealing with a government agency here. Any government agency's motto could/should be: "If it makes sense, that's NOT how we're going to do it."

Bavarian

Look, all you get with wider roads is more traffic and buildings. 235 was just fineas a two lane road with a traffic light in Hollywood.

MMM_donuts

I would love it if they extended that turn lane from 4 all the way out to the stop light at the home of the future Home Depot (and theater!!!).

Extending the turn lane on the other side was - and I feel this is very rarely ever said about the roadwork in this area - a really great move. Traffic flows a lot nicer coming out of Wildewood. Less tension and road rage without that weird merge lane that everyone was competing for at the same time.

I would love it if they extended that turn lane from 4 all the way out to the stop light at the home of the future Home Depot (and theater!!!).

Extending the turn lane on the other side was - and I feel this is very rarely ever said about the roadwork in this area - a really great move. Traffic flows a lot nicer coming out of Wildewood. Less tension and road rage without that weird merge lane that everyone was competing for at the same time.

I agree. I never understood why that lane was cut off a few hundred feet and then started again. I am pretty sure they will have to add the lanes like you say eventually, it's just a shame we have to pay for the work to be done twice. My guess is that once all the sites go in, wildewood and 235 will probably be the most congested light in the county. It will be the only one with two major shopping centers and the only one with only two lanes instead of three.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Look, all you get with wider roads is more traffic and buildings. 235 was just fineas a two lane road with a traffic light in Hollywood.

Thank you Paris Glenndening
But the buildings are coming because this is where the state and county want all the development focused (that's in their plan).

When we kill enough people they'll consider doing something about the roads.
Probably add another 6 traffic lights for the new entrance/exits between RT 4 and Airport Rd. Then drop the speed limit to 25 because it will save lives.