McDonalds Mighty Wings

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I tried them. They won't be around long. Mickey D's should stick to burgers.

I had them in the early 90's and that's why I tried them yesterday; I got 10 wings for 9.54 and when I opened the box I said to myself "self, you just got ####ed"..lol

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I stopped going to McDonald's, because Pixie got all pissed off with me and had to say something about it here.

RPMDAD

Can't even remember the last time i went to a McDonalds for anything.. Probably when my my sonster was little and still ate happy meals. He is almost 21 now so i am guessing 16 - 17 years.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
they were Awesome in the 1990's

my Wife was going to get me some yesterday, but $ 3.99 for 3 :faint: was :crazy;

I remember I used to get 10 for 5 or 6 bucks ...
I don't recall them being that expensive.
You can get 20 nuggets for $4.99. I do like the nuggets.

dgates80

Land of the lost
mikeyD screwed up with taking the 1/3 lb angus burgers off their menu. I hate their food generally but sometimes it is effectively the only game in town (on base).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I don't recall them being that expensive.
You can get 20 nuggets for $4.99. I do like the nuggets.

I dunno, the wife was going to pick me some up Sunday and decided they cost to much

this is the LATimes:

McDonald's Mighty Wings: Moist, firm and the best thing on the menu

The new Mighty Wings come in sets of three ($3.19), five ($4.99) and 10 ($8.99), the latter clearly the best deal at less than $1 a wing.

Want the calorie count? It’s 290, 480, and 960 — or just under 100 calories per wing. That’s without dipping sauce, however. If you plan on dunking the wings in Chipotle Barbecue, Sweet Chili, Spicy Buffalo or Hot Mustard, you’ll have to do your own calculating.

McDonald's Mighty Wings Debut Nationwide, Are Super Crispy

After some test runs, McDonald's has debuted Mighty Wings nationwide this month. The chicken wings were first launched in 1990 until they were taken off menus in 2003.

The wings are extremely crispy, even after hanging out in a to-go bag for close to 10 minutes. They wouldn't be out of place at KFC, for example. And they are pretty good too. None of our tasters had any complaints, except for maybe the intense black pepper aftertaste. The greasiness level was about standard for wings -- you'll want a napkin afterwards but you won't feel like you're drowning in grease. In short, these are pretty solid fried wings. We wouldn't mind a cold pint of beer with them, though.

Unlike apparently a growing portion of the population, we like it when our chicken has bones and prefer bones to the slightly unnerving shape of chicken nuggets.

When it comes to pricing, however, this is definitely a more expensive item for McDonald's. A five-piece pack cost us almost $6, which is a lot more than a $4 Big Mac, for example.